Wave Your Flag

Official forum events!

Re: Wave Your Flag

Postby bookloverblue » March 16th, 2017, 3:39 pm

United Kingdom please!

I am British, and this is apparent in my very writing - the tool of my trade here on Boolprop. My spellings of words such as colour and favour reveal my nationality instantly. I am - as the stereotype dictates - a lover of tea, especially with milk and a biscuit on the side for dunking. I also partake in the eating of Yorkshire puddings and fish and chips whenever possible (although not together.)
bookloverblue
Simmer & Story Scribbler
House of Plumbob

Medals: 2
Golden Plumbob (1) United Kingdom (1)

Re: Wave Your Flag

Postby Livvielove » March 17th, 2017, 5:18 pm

This one is difficult and yet not I suppose at the same time. I choose the Jolly Roger.

I've got a few places I considered - I was raised in Indiana, but I can no longer call that home. I moved to Chicago and I love it here, for sure, but I'm not one to just assign an Illinois flag to myself either. I'm thinking too hard about this but something about the Jolly Roger flag appeals to me.

Pirates are grossly romanticized by a lot of people (myself included) and yet I've always felt such a draw to them since I was a kid. I spent a long time studying them and watching several movies on their history. It got to a point during a very old legacy that I eventually turned into the outline for my Reapers had a generation centered around the pirates Mary Read and Edward Teach/Thatch (aka Blackbeard). I followed their histories somewhat and did a lot of research in on them. I plan to revisit the idea later on in my legacy so I feel like the Jolly Roger fits me the best.
Not to mention, since I've actively and shamelessly admitted to romanticizing pirates before - I love the idea that it could stand for freedom in my own mind.
Now all I need is a pirate emoji and I'm all set!
[Song of the Nightingale] | [Reapers Genetic Legacy Experiment] | [Faction of the Lost Ones]

"The weak will rise and the mighty will fall, all in the place where the Willow walks."
Livvielove
Mother Nutter
House of Plumbob

Medals: 3
Golden Plumbob (1) Bronze Writing Award (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Previous

Return to Events