Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 47 - 12/8/18

Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 47 - 12/8/18

Postby Nevermore » December 19th, 2017, 1:15 pm

This is a continuation with no challenge rules whatsoever from door 1 of my sliding doors challenge. If you haven't read those chapters, it is recommended that you do. So you don't have to go searching for that thread, here they are. :))

Sliding Doors Challenge - door 1.

Introduction

They never were the most conventional of families. Nor the most rich, or the most illustrious. Some looked at them with raised eyebrows, and turned away talking in hushed tones. There was something they were rich in; love. Anyone who looked upon the Snowes, knew the love they shared was as sure as the rising and setting sun. Strong, warm and as eternal as time.

Love that sparked in the must unlikely of ways, and lasted for more than a lifetime. Every member of the family was destined to find it, and treasure it. Who needed vaults of money, the most expensive cars, or the vastest of mansions, when they had a matriarch and patriarch, who loved each other so intensely, so passionately, so irrevocable, that not even the grim reaper could part them? Happiness flowed through that tiny house like the air they breathed.

Until those days of bliss turned on it's head...

A happy day like the many days before became the worst.

In his grief, Jareth made a promise, he would do what it took to make sure this wasn't goodbye.

Last edited by Nevermore on August 12th, 2018, 12:54 pm, edited 53 times in total.
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Medals: 25
Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1)
2017 Xmas Events (1) 2017 Xmas Events - Advent (1) 2017 Xmas Events-Secret Santa (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1)
Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) The Legend of (1) Bubbles! (1) Gary? (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story

Postby Nevermore » December 19th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Hoggle: "Why, Drinky Grandma? Why did you have to die?! I didn't get to say goodbye!"

:cry: It's always the kids! They always are the first to mourn, when the adults don't bother. Poor Hoggle took it pretty bad.

Spoiler:
Jareth: "I know, Sarah, it was too soon."
Sarah: *sob*
Jareth: "You asked me to do something, and I'm going to. I promised her it won't be the end."
Sarah: "She can't come back as a ghost, like dad did..."
Jareth: "I will find a way, I promised."

:heart: So sweet, but so sad... :cry: Siblings comforting each other.

Jareth set to work studying as many elixir recipes as the book was capable of teaching him.

*gasp* Bonehilda out during the day?! Now she can clean, and scare the maid away. :lol: Now just got to make sure Hoggle doesn't see her.

Jareth: "Oh, Mama!"

Jareth learned the last recipe, and was stricken with grief over Alicia. It's so heart breaking! First seeing them cry over Chester the first time, now over Alicia. :cry:

After school, Taya was so tired, she decided to take a nap on this bench. :hearts: It's like looking at her Drinky Grandma all over again!

Hoggle: "WHAT IS THAT THING DOING HERE?!"

Oops... :shifty: I left Bonehilda out...

Hoggle: "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!! SAVE ME DRINKY GRANDMA! COME BACK AND GET RID OF THAT BAG OF BONES!!"

After dismissing Bonehilda, Wilhemina makes a call to get the broken objects fixed without terrifying her nephew.

Wilhemina: "Repair man, could you come repair our sink, both toilet, both bathtubs, and the TV? The Snowe house. Okay, great!"

Yep. That is how much stuff broke in this house. I was shocked too.

I've been seeing these butterflies flutter around since Jareth started learning alchemy, so Gator headed out to catch some.

Gator: "Butterflies! :bounce: "

He seems pretty happy about it, and got two really rare butterflies out of it as well. :thup:

Hoggle: "I really miss Drinky Grandma." *yawns*
Wilhemina: "I know, I miss your grandmother too."

Aww, Auntie Wilhemina comforting Hoggle! She really is good for this family.

Wilhemina: "You look really sleepy, go get some sleep. Your uncle, me and your parents will make it right."
Hoggle: "Taya said that."
Wilhemina: "Taya is right. Sleep tight."
Hoggle: "Night night, Auntie Dots."

Wilhemina wanted a games console, and to be honest, I was surprised the Snowes didn't get one sooner. So, done!

Sarah and Wilhemina were the first to try it out. The men were nowhere to be seen. Never send a man to do a woman's job! :lol:

Sarah: "This game is more fun than my husband in bed."
Wilhemina: "Ew, you married my brother. :yuck: "
Sarah: "Well, you married mine."
Wilhemina: "Good point."

Bailey came out of her tombstone for a visit!

Jareth: "How is Mama?"
Bailey: "Okay. Complaining about her shoes."
Jareth: " :eyebrow: Okay.. Look, Bailey, would you like to come back?"

Bailey: "Be alive again? Well, I would like to see a movie. Read a book. Fall in love. Get married. All that. Do everything I was denied. Yes, brother, I want to be alive again."
Jareth: "Alright. Just wait a little while, okay?"
Bailey: "Okay."

Having learned all recipes from the Alchemy Station, he headed to the book store to buy the last seven recipes.

And headed straight home to start reading them. I've never supermaxed Alchemy before, so looking forward to doing that! :bounce: I could have made it easier on myself, and made him a witch first, but wishacy rules stopped that.

Gator: "Come here little ladybug."

:hmm: First Jareth hoards gems like there is no tomorrow, now Gator's fixated on bugs. WHAT ARE THEY PLANNING!? :fisty:

Poor cowardly Hoggle fainted at the sight of Bailey. Poor thing. :(

Jareth still reading recipes. He must have sat on like every seat in that seating area, while reading them recipes. :lol:

Jareth: "You know how to fish, right?"
Gator: "Yep. Wilhemina too."

Jareth: "All going to plan."

Jareth needs to work on his LTW to be a renaissance sim, and has only master one skill so far (Alchemy), so I left him to strum away on the guitar.

Gator headed to the Hallowed Grounds Cemetery to do a spot of fishing in the pond. He's only got 3 fishing points, but it's better than the usual places. Plus the fog is like an eerie sense of mystery! :lol:

No idea who this kid is. Taya brought him home, seems really enthusiastic about him, and HE'S NOT A WOLFF!!! :bounce:

Hoggle watching TV. He is such a couch potato. He doesn't even have that trait!

Looks like someone is taking after his Mama! :lol: They do say alcoholism runs in the family.

Sarah: "I can't be bothered to go to work."
Sarah: *dials*
Sarah: "Angus, I'm not coming in. Yes today. Cover for me."
Angus: "Why should I do that?"
Sarah: "You stole my brother's fiance."
Angus: "You only get to use that one more time."
Sarah: "Great!" *claps*

Having ditched work, Sarah heads to the Vault of Antiquity to study.

She studies *drumroll* cooking! Yep, she is going to gain more cooking skill points.

Some woman, I think her name is Audrey, wanted to snap a cellphone pic of her, so she posed. She looked stunning last time she did this in her wedding dress, she still looks stunning now. Sarah really is a beautiful girl. She's also a 4 star celebrity.
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1)
2017 Xmas Events (1) 2017 Xmas Events - Advent (1) 2017 Xmas Events-Secret Santa (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1)
Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) The Legend of (1) Bubbles! (1) Gary? (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 2 - 19/12

Postby Nevermore » December 19th, 2017, 2:17 pm

Taya: "I sense a movement in the force... I see... Ooo! Spaghetti!"

XD Taya seems to love the stereo. If she's not jamming or tapping her feet, or doing this, she's dancing. Right after this snap, she did run off to grab some spaghetti on the counter.

Spoiler:
The siblings former Wolff headed off to Stone Troll Fishing Hole, and brought Hoggle along with them. He seemed to enjoy fishing with his father and his aunt. Maybe I'll give him a nudge towards that when he grows up.

Wilhemina: "I caught a fish! Yay! " ^_^

Sarah: "Now, what recipe was it that he wanted me to buy?"

Sarah headed to the book store to buy some recipes, to give the Snowes more choice on what to eat. Alicia was the one who knew almost all the recipes.

Sarah: "I can never remember that one... maybe cookies will cheer him up."

Run, Jareth, run! Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know which one you're gonna get. XD Couldn't resist.

He's been all over Moonlight Falls looking for a moon stone. He has a good cache of gems in his inventory, but it's lacking that one. Law of sod, and all that.

Jareth: "Dammit. Sapphire."

He did find a moonstone eventually.

Sarah sets to work learning all those recipes she bought. All the other members of the house will be thanking her! I wonder what her signature dish will be?

Sarah: "Why do I have to read the recipes? Why can't I go fishing?"

Because you have no skill points in it, and you're a bookworm. You'll learn them faster.

Taya: "I'm looking for an elixir, I wonder if you have it... it's green, and bright..."
Cashier: "I know the one. We do have it."

There are a lot of werewolves in Moonlight Falls. I've not seen that many supernatural variety lately. Only werwolves, occasionally a witch. One vampire, and that was back at Chester and Alicia's second wedding. No fairies at all, not since the celebrity that snubbed Alicia way way back, and the one at the second wedding. I wonder what's going on with that.

Now, since Sarah got a narrative a little while back, take it away Jareth...

Jareth: "How are you doing, Mama? This can't be the end. This can't be it.You're not really gone are you? I made you a promise, and I am going to keep it. Everything is going according to my plan. I will bring you back."

Jareth: "In my chambers, where the wardrobe once stood is something new. To everyone other than me, this is a wondrous library full of knowledge, but I know better. Taya found another piece of the puzzle. She doesn't know why. None of them no why. They do as I ask."

Jareth: "None of them see what is right under their nose. A secret door. This secret door shouldn't be here. Once we were content in this boat we call life on the calm cool waters of happiness, then you were gone and we were dashed on the craggy shores of fate; lost, purposeless and clinging to one another."

Jareth: "We do have one salvation. My vault."

Jareth: "It is taking a long time, but it is coming together. Elixir by elixir, ingredient by ingredient. Mama, do you even realise how long you've been gone?"

Jareth: "You see, the next piece of the puzzle is my Taya. She lives in her bubble of an ordinary girl, enjoying her ordinary life. You knew that, didn't you Mama? She was the Snowe you never planned. You had our names before we were born. Encouranged on us the names of our children."

Taya: "Dance with me, Hoggle!"
Hoggle: "Go away. You look stupid. I'm going to bed."

Jareth: "You never stopped telling me I'm special. I always knew that. Taya never knew. Tonight Taya goes to sleep happy, and tired from a day she spent going with the flow, but you see she is about to wake up and realise; she is not only special but extraordinary."

Jareth: "Tomorrow she will wake up and eat her pancakes dripping in butter, and expect a day of school and fun. Looking back, this will be nothing. A memory she looks back on. I get it now, why she is so special, because she is just like you. Did you see that in her, Mama? Did you open your heart so quickly to her, because you saw yourself in her?"

Jareth: "What feels like a lifetime ago, you carried your curly haired Goblin Prince to La Shove Beach, and won him a Freezer Bunny. I have treasured it ever since. It was your promise you would always be there for me, now here is mine. Take this gift Mama, and know your time away from us is temporary. I love you, Mama. See you soon."

*wipes away a tear.* Poor Goblin Prince, he is hurting so badly.

Taya: "Splash of paint, drawing a bird! Blob of blue, adding brown is absurd! La-da-da! Painting a bird!"

Yay! Taya's painting again! She is so my fave of the grandbabies.

Mixing in the gems, butterflies and mushrooms... he makes the last potion.

He actually made another green one, and that's on the shelf too.

Jareth: "Now I wait."

Jareth: "Could you meet me at the Zoomsweeper Test Track?"
Taya: *thinks* "Seriously, what is wrong with him?"
Taya: *thinks* "He's acting weird."
Taya: "Sure dad. When?"
Jareth: "Tonight."
Taya: *thinks* "Seriously dad? Sure you're not insane?"
Taya: "Alright. I'll be there."
Taya: "..."
Taya: *thinks* "Crap! Which of those did I say?"

Hoggle: *sighs*
Hoggle: "Everybody loves Taya."
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Postby snazzle » December 19th, 2017, 5:05 pm

*squee* I'm so happy to see this continuation! Now hmmm, what does Jareth have up his sleeve?

(And don't worry, Hoggle, I love Taya but I love you too!)
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Medals: 18
Story of the Month (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1)
2017 Xmas Events - Advent (1) 2017 Xmas Events-Secret Santa (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Shooting Star (1) United States (1)
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Postby Nevermore » December 19th, 2017, 5:11 pm

:bounce: Yay!

I think only Jareth knows that one! He is certainly the mastermind in this one! New update coming soon. Just working on livejournal, then I'll put it up.

That is true! We do love Hoggle too. :thup:
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 3 - 25/12

Postby Nevermore » December 25th, 2017, 4:12 pm

Jareth: "Just one or two of these... no one knows how to grow them."

Jareth went off an another ingredient hunt. He found these at Fae Ray Arboretum. I never knew they grew wild in Moonlight Falls before. This was his last little stop before heading to Zoomsweeper Test Track.

Spoiler:
Jareth: "Where is Taya?"
Sarah: "She isn't coming. I told her to go to sleep."

Sarah: "I know you are hurting, I am too. A day doesn't go by when I don't think about her, or try to remember that subtle alcohol smell that followed her like perfume."
Jareth: "You don't get it..."

Jareth: "All of this isn't grief... it is..."

Sarah: "What? Jareth, what is it? You disappear for hours at a time. If you're not acting like a ghost haunting your own home, you're hoarding stuff like there is no tomorrow. The only time you talk to your daughter is for her to come here in the middle of the night, and Wilhemina... other than sharing a bed at night, do you ever spend more than five seconds with her?"

Jareth: "It really isn't what you think..."
Sarah: "Then what is it? I know what I said in grief, but if this thing you're doing is going to rip apart our family..."
Jareth: "She had more children."
Sarah: "What?!"

Sarah and Jareth headed to the vault of antiquity, so he could share with his sister the knowledge he stumbled upon back when he was a curly brown haired little boy. Knowledge he had kept secret all these years, and searched for answers since.

Jareth: "Now do you see what I mean? She had a wife, daughters... probably even more family we don't even know about. Sarah, I have to find her. I have to find her. I need to know if she is out there. If that is why Bailey and Dad came back, and she never has. Are you going to help me?"
Sarah: "I'll help you. I'll do whatever it takes. Oh my god, Jareth... this is real..."
Jareth: "I need you to convince Gator to get a move on with those fish."
Sarah: "I will."

I gave Wilhemina a little bit of a makeover. As much as I love her other outfit, I made some subtle changes, and more flattering fitting trousers, to make her more fitting as a Rock Star's wife.

After work, she wanted to gain some logic, and Hoggle keeps randomly plummeting his social need, so I had them play together.

Her outfit is just insane. She is a cop, yet she wears a skimpy cocktail dress, and is barefoot. *eyebrow raised* Seriously, Wilhemina? WTF?!

XD My fave part of this snap is Taya in the background, sat on the floor, doing her homework right in front of the fridge while Jareth is complaining about being hungry. I love this family so much.

Then after he eats something, he sits there casually watching his teen daughter run all over the house cleaning up after them all. Sloppy Snowes strike again! :lol:

How the hell did I get to week 12, day 4, without a snap of Jareth playing with kids toys? I did not prompt this. As soon as he finished eating, he got up --left the plate on the counter I might add-- headed straight to Hoggle's room and started playing with the dollhouse. I just had to let this play out. I couldn't stop laughing. He played for quite a while. He seemed happy enough.

Jareth: "Mama, we will see you soon..."
Sarah: "I believe now, Mama."

Yes, the dragon on the pedestal is the dragon Jareth won from the crane machine in La Shove. :D

Sarah: "Hey Gator, I need you to do something for me..."
Gator: "Anything you want."
Sarah: "How about tomorrow we get tattoos, go fishing, spend the day together, stop by the graveyard, then all night alone on in our room..."
Gator: "I'll get a butterfly..." :D

I'm guessing he was so stunned by his gorgeous wife, to even hear most of what she is saying. Gator does love butterflies though. He has a wish to catch 3 of them.

Sarah: "Oh, Gator... you make me so happy!"

And, after this, they headed off to the bedroom.

Yep, I'm totally shipping them. Gator is a funny mass of contradictions.

:hmm: Apple didn't fall far from that tree. :eyebrow: Like drinky grandma, like granddaughter.

NEW HAIRSTYLE! :bounce: I've wanted Taya to have the Serah Farron hair since she aged into teen. Look complete! She totally pulls it off. :hearts: Though she does look kinda strange without her curls. Maybe I need to get used to it.

I wondered why Sarah wasn't writing any more, turned out her laptop was broke. Since Chester is dead, and I can't try again to see the skeleton of a ghost, Oh, Gator!. Eh, he needs the skill for his job. :shifty: :shiftyeyes: ... and that is my excuse, and I'm sticking with it... :lol: :twisted:

While her man tries to electrocute himself fixes her laptop, Sarah watches some TV. Also, new hairstyle! Or glimpse of new hairstyle. I love her pigtail braids, but it is time for a change, and this one really brings out her pretty face rather than washing it out with a long mass of brown hair. Now she has a long ponytail going down her back, with a decorative pink butterfly clip. :D
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Postby Livvielove » December 25th, 2017, 4:52 pm

I'm finally all caught up! I love these Snowes! They'll always have a special place in my heart! Taya is gorgeous and poor Jareth is still struggling with coping...
I'm so curious to see what may come out of Gator and Sarah's great day. ;)

I'll be reading!
Livvielove
Mother Nutter
Staff Moderator

Medals: 31
Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 12 Participant (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1) Bronze SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1)
2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 2017 Xmas Events - Advent (1) 2017 Xmas Events-Secret Santa (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Baby Boom Challenge (1)
Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Teresa's Troll (1) The itsjulie Busy Beaver Medal (1) Pride (1)
The Legend of (1) One Eye to Rule Them All (1) A Field of Red Poppies (1) Jolly Roger (1)
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Postby Nevermore » December 26th, 2017, 9:28 am

:bounce: Yeah, I have so much love for this family too. That is probably why I keep getting lassoed back to them. I love them so much.

I'm guessing not what you're thinking... :shhh: :lol: I don't know what you're thinking :shifty: Next update should be up soon. :D
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 4 - 26/12

Postby Nevermore » December 26th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Sarah got back into a hobby she hadn't enjoy since... before Hoggle was born! :O Wow, has it been that long since she wrote something? Motherhood really did take up a lot of her time, and she is a doctor, so we can let that one go.

Spoiler:
Poor Jareth seems so distant. I think he has skipped anger, and gone from bargaining straight into depression. :( Poor Goblin Prince! I just want to wrap him in a blanket, and hug him until his pain goes away!

Sarah: "Hey bro."
Jareth: "Sarah."
Sarah: "Are you planning on spending time with your wife today?"
Jareth: "Just let me get a bowl of something to eat, and get off my back."
Sarah: "I'll post on the internet, you're not endowed at all."
Jareth: "Do. Anyone who remembers me from high school knows that isn't true."
Sarah: "Gross!"

Sarah: "Which would be more damaging for your career? That you have erotic dreams about Edward Cullen, or that your bedroom fantasy is to play Bella and Edward?"

Jareth: *thinks* "Well played, Sarah, well played."

He actually is looking at Sarah still sat at the counter. And anyone who thought I was done with Twilight jokes, not for a long shot! :D I have plenty.

Wilhemina: "I'll be getaway driver! GET OUT THE WAY DAMN COPS!!"
Jareth: "GET OUT THE WAY, OR I'LL TURN THE GATLING GUN ON YOU!!!"

They did have fun, and probably would have played all morning, if the carpool hadn't pulled up for Wilhemina. He did play for a little while after she left, but not as enthusiastically.

Then this threw me for a loop. He isn't the bookworm, Sarah is. He actually took a book from the book shelf, and started reading. I don't even think he has done that since I placed the object in the house. :O

Taya: "Dad, what the hell?!"

Even Taya noticed, when she got home from school. She was determined to do something about it.

Taya: "Come on! Just because you're like five thousand years old, doesn't mean you can take forever!"
Jareth: "I'm old, huh? How about I show the whole school your baby pictures?"
Taya: "At least my hair colour doesn't come out of a bottle."
Jareth: :O :timebomb: "No one disses the hair!"
Taya: "When I grow up, I'll do drugs."
Jareth: :timebomb: "No you won't!"
Taya: "Yes I will! What is the most addictive?"

:D She helps him in a true Snowe way. A game of chess, and triggers off the next stage of grief; Anger. What are daughters for, if not for calling you a fossil with bad hair to help you? Jareth does have epic hair, these youngsters don't have any taste.

I can't remember who won.

Meanwhile...

Gator: "You sure you want me to get a tattoo?"
Sarah: "Of course! This was my idea, and I'm getting one too."

Sarah: "You will look so sexy with ink."

A little more manipulation. Sarah, I'm loving this side of you. :lol:

Sarah: "Grr. I'm sick of the paparazzi stalking me."

I kid you not. That woman was outside the Snowe house when they left, and followed them here. Gator is in the spa getting his ink.

Then I realised it was 1 hour before she had to be at work, and no time for her to get a tattoo.

Sarah: "Oh, Angus..."
Angus: "..."
Angus: "..."
Angus: *sigh* "Alright, day off approved."

They both got tattoos! Gator's is a butterfly on his right shoulder, but it probably won't get seen much, since he hardly ever wears vests. It is there. And Sarah's is a lower back tattoo of a rose and a snake. :D

No idea who the guy in the background is, so let's call him... Dave!

Dave: "Damn, that chick is hot."
Gator: "I want to get more butterfly tattoos!!"
Sarah: "Woah! Back up! One is enough!"

Sarah: "I really do love you, Gator."
Gator: "I've always loved you."

Dave is just off camera, checking out Sarah's butt. :shiftyeyes: Creep!

Gator: "I'm fishing!"
Sarah: "That is good, Alligator."

They headed to Hallowed Grounds Cemetery. Gator didn't catch anything. His skills still aren't high enough. I think I might have to put a pond in the Snowe garden, even though there will probably be no room for that, and just hope he and Wilhemina work on their fishing skills. This is getting ridiculous.

Then she pushes her luck, and drags Gator down to her brother's chambers to convince him to get a makeover. He does look better, I'll give him that.

Gator: "Are you sure this looks good?"
Sarah: "I love it! You like like some sexy surfer!"

Sarah: "I REALLY love it..." :flirt: :whome:

I think the looks they are giving each other speak for themselves....

Yeah. :shifty:
Last edited by Nevermore on February 7th, 2018, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Postby Livvielove » December 27th, 2017, 12:50 am

Ooh yes!

Spoiler:
Lol, nothing like daughters, right Jareth? Between a sister and a daughter, the poor Goblin Prince has very little that can help him!
Taya is gorgeous, by the way! I love all the hairstyles on her, but I especially love this new one! Have you gotten used to it yet, or do you think you'll change it?
:lol: Angus, I love how he knows already! XD Yet Sarah has her priorities in check! Must ink herself up with her loving husband who may have let the ink get to his head right after for that argument :shifty:
I love Gator's new look! Sarah does too I see :cheeky: :smirk:
Also I'll take twilight jokes any day! Definitely my favorite series to tease - almost as much as 50 Shades of Gray, though that book is a joke in itself. :rofl:
Livvielove
Mother Nutter
Staff Moderator

Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 12 Participant (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) 2017 Golden Egg (1) Bronze SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1)
2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 2017 Xmas Events - Advent (1) 2017 Xmas Events-Secret Santa (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Baby Boom Challenge (1)
Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Teresa's Troll (1) The itsjulie Busy Beaver Medal (1) Pride (1)
The Legend of (1) One Eye to Rule Them All (1) A Field of Red Poppies (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Postby Nevermore » December 27th, 2017, 1:13 am

Spoiler:
The Snowe women are determined little madams, I'll given them that. :tongue: :lol:

I'm still unsure about Taya's new hair. I'm sort of on the fence. It looks great on her, but I keep getting tempted to change her hair back. I do love Sarah's though, that is staying.

Oh, Angus. :lol: I'm starting to love that werewolf guy. He is the butt of so many jokes. Ah, good times.. :rotfl: I'm going to miss him so much.

She loves Gator's new look. :smirk: Something tells me this won't be the last time we'll see them all smoochy with each other. :flirt:

50 Shades is garbage made as a fanfic from garbage. :yes:
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 5 - 28/12

Postby Nevermore » December 28th, 2017, 7:53 am

After everything they went through, the Snowes decided to have a day of fun. Pretty much all of them had Saturday off, except Jareth, but he phoned for a day off. They headed to the swimming pool! Something they couldn't do for pretty much their entire life due to Alicia's hydrophobic tendencies.

No idea who that kid is with the yellow t-shirt. He was just there when they all arrived. He doesn't appear again, so I won't even give him a random name. :)

Spoiler:
Jareth was the first in the pool.

Wilhemina dived right in, but Sarah took a minute to decide to get in. Maybe she was trying to figure out if she too was hydrophobic. She isn't.

Wilhemina: "Hey, Jareth!"

She splashed him right in the face with water.

He got her back though!

Wilhemina: "Not the face!"
Jareth: *laughs*

Finally in the pool, Sarah made a beeline for Jareth. Taya didn't seem to have any problems getting in. No surprises that her swimsuit is rainbow as well.

Sarah challenged her brother to a contest to see who could breath underwater longer. He lost.

:lol: That really cracked me up. Even though they are all grown up, with kids of their own, they are just big kids at heart.

Taya: "Hey Auntie!" *splashes*
Jareth: "I'll beat you this time!"
Sarah: "Like hell you will"

Taya and Wilhemina splashed each other a couple of times. Sarah and Jareth are getting ready for round two. That is Hoggle's feet in the background.

Jareth lost that time too.

:hearts: Look at Hoggle!! :O He took to the water like a fish! :applause: Good boy!

Where is Gator during all this?

Stood on the edge, acting like a coward. JUST GET IN THE DAMN POOL!!! :fisty:

About time!

Also, first glimpse of his ink! :D :bounce: Yep, it is a pink, lilac and yellow butterfly.

Another breathing contest, which Jareth also lost. So he was beaten by his sister and her husband. It just isn't our goblin prince's day is it? :lol:

Aww!! Look at Hoggle treading water! He seems to enjoy swimming.

Now, where did the girls go?

Far too strenuous this swimming stuff. They thought they would lounge around for a while, and watch the boys make idiots of themselves. :lol:

After their games, Jareth and Gator got out the pool to talk. :roll: Men.

:bounce: Better view of his ink! :D

After their afternoon at the pool, they headed to Red Velvet Lounge to get a bite to eat.

Taya: "I wonder why that portrait is on fire."
Gator: "What portrait?"

No, he isn't being a total creeper staring at people while they eat. He literally finished eating just before I took this snap.

Says something about their marriage that Jareth would rather eat with his sister, and leave his wife to eat at the bar.

Hoggle isn't there. He headed home after they left the pool. Poor little one was all tuckered out.

While Taya was playing with the arcade games, the adults headed into one of the side lounges to talk. I did place them there on purpose, sibling beside sibling, because just because couples are married, doesn't mean they have to be joined at the hip. Siblings can sit next to each other!

Sarah: "I've been spending time on the internet, and I think we should leave Moonlight Falls."
Jareth: "No! You want to leave, go on your own."
Gator: "Jareth, hear her out..."
Jareth: "This is between me and Sarah, butt out."
Sarah: "Jareth... Gator's opinion counts. Just listen to me. I found this amazing place called Twinbrook. It is a quiet place like here. Just somewhere new, where we can start over."
Jareth: "Why do we have to start over?"
Sarah: "Because Mama would want us to live, not turn into a ghost in our own lives, just because she is gone!"
Wilhemina: "I've heard of Twinbrook, it is a beautiful place."
Jareth: "I need time to think."

Sarah, Gator and Wilhemina headed home.

For some reason, he changed out of his formal clothes after he left the lounge. Moving on! :shifty:

Jareth headed up to see the Stone Troll, thinking about the hike Alicia had taken them on when they were children, looking for gems. He did enjoy the search. That was probably why he collected so many. He smiled, remembering how Alicia always called that troll Bailey, even after they reconciled, and became friends.

Then the place where destiny was born, but not just any destiny; theirs. Had she chosen not to go to the park that day, his parents might never have met. There were so many memories in Moonlight Falls, the good, the bad, and the ones that would last a lifetime. They were born here, raised here. Some time ago, he believed he would probably die here. Sarah wanted to leave. Maybe that might not be a bad idea. Taya always was a big fish in a small pond. Maybe she needed to see a bit more of the world before she flew the nest to build her own.

He left the park, a decision made.

At home, was the game changer. Everyone gathered around, while he missed his chance...

Jareth: "Mama?" :cry:
Alicia: "My little goblin prince, I miss you so much... all of you.. I don't have much time.."
Jareth: "Mama, you can't leave again..."
Alicia: "I have to. I will come back. I want you to live, my most precious son. I love you so much, and Taya... You are like a rainbow, bright and beautiful, for all to admire."

Taya, you can wipe that smug look off your face! This isn't acceptance! :fisty:

Then dawn came, and he was left alone. His daughter gone to catch up on some sleep. His mama back to her grave. He made a decision alright; he wasn't going anywhere, Twinbrook was just a far off dream, a distraction from what is important.
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 6 - 28/12

Postby Nevermore » December 28th, 2017, 4:00 pm

Back to normal for Sarah! Reading her way through the recipes in her inventory. She has pretty much read them all at this point, and is at 7 cooking skill. A trip to the book store to buy the rest of the recipes is in order.

She looks so elegant with that hair and that dress. Suits her even more!

Spoiler:
That is Jareth at the counter, and I think Taya. *squints* I love the glass walls! I can see what everyone is up to when the walls are up!

In a tux, Gator decides to collect bugs. He got a rhino beetle there. I can't remember what the green ones were. But that isn't the best of it yet.

He went fishing, in the tux! They are at the arboretum. He looks so pleased with himself, catching a salamander! Wilhemina is still way ahead of him on that front. He has about four fishing points, she has six.

Hoggle: "I'm hungry."
Jareth: "How about I take you to the diner?"
Hoggle: "..."

Jareth: "I know I haven't been the best uncle to you for your entire life, let me make it up to you."
Hoggle: "Okay."

Jareth: "Come on kiddo! Do you know what you're going to get?"
Hoggle: "Don't know."

After they headed inside, and got something to eat, whatever it was they both seemed happy about it. I'm guessing steak. That seems like something Hoggle would like.

Hoggle: "Let's go home."
Jareth: "Or we could stay out, and do something more fun."
Hoggle: "What?"

You know, the whole time Hoggle was on that swing, that has got to be the first time I've ever seen him so happy. The whole time, I was like this :D .

Jareth: "You can't swing higher than me!"
Hoggle: "Yes I can!"
Jareth: "No you can't!"
Hoggle: "YES I CAN!!"

Jareth: "What do you think about riding in a limo?"
Hoggle: "It's kinda nice. Where are we going?"
Jareth: "To the place where fairies live."
Hoggle: "Fairies are for children."
Jareth: "You are a child."

They arrived at the Arboretum just as Wilhemina and Gator were leaving to go home.

Jareth: "Come on, Kiddo, come see the fairies."
Hoggle: "Are they scary?"
Jareth: "No! Not one bit."
Hoggle: "What if they attack me?"
Jareth: "They won't."

Hoggle did go in. Both of them had fun looking around for fairies, and came out both with the impressed moodlet. :D :bounce: Hoggle believes in fairies!

Jareth: "Did you have fun today?"
Hoggle: "I did..."

Hoggle: "Thank you Uncle Jareth."
Jareth: "You're welcome, Hoggle. Any time you need to talk..."
Hoggle: "I know." :)

:hearts: Never again, Hoggle, will I ever let you get ignored in an update!! He did have a fun day with his Uncle Jareth. Hoggle is a very lonely little boy, and I have myself to blame.

Taya: "La-di-da, something about the sunshine... la-la, then the moonlight..."

Again, Taya is dancing at the stereo. :hmm: I might have to place some more fun objects. They are starting to get some money in. It was about here I decided, yes the house is too small for them, but it is home. So it won't be extended on. I might move the cottage much closer though, or build a different small house beside the main one. One for the grownups, one for the kids. :idea: Yeah! That could work.

:O I think things might just be turning around for a certain Goblin Prince. He started dancing with Taya!

Wilhemina is heading downstairs to sleep I think, and Hoggle is going upstairs to use the bathroom.

Taya: "Dad, watch... this is how you do the dance move..."

The way they were dancing, it really did look like she was trying to teach him some new moves. I could have easily done a whole update of just these two dancing together. It was so sweet, a father/daughter dance. :hearts:

Jareth: "Orb of answers, you guided my mother before me when she needed your wisdom most, tell me what I need to do..."
Jareth: "..." *watches*
Jareth: "Okay."

He managed to get some guitar skilling in. I'd like to say it was for fun, but it was actually for his career. He is officially in the Rock Star branch now! :O :bounce: So when I call him a rock star, it is now in fact true!

Jareth: "Wilhemina, I..."
Wilhemina: "You don't have to say anything. I know. You're finding it hard to cope with your mother's passing. I don't hold any grudges. However long it takes, I'll be here."
Jareth: :)

Jareth: "Wilhemina, I love you so much. More than you know."
Wilhemina: "I think I have a hunch."

Then they kissed. :heart: You know, even though they've barely spent much time together, their relationship bar has never decayed. I have to admit, I do love the dynamic between the three main couples. Alicia and Chester were all about destiny, tied together, a love stronger than any bond. Sarah and Gator are true love, but all passionate and kinda mostly physical. Jareth and Wilhemina have something deeper than that, whirlwind love that fizzled out out and became something much deeper and emotional. But they still have their ups and downs like any other couple.
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 7 - 29/12

Postby Nevermore » December 29th, 2017, 12:45 pm

Sarah headed to the library. She has learned all the recipes up to level 7, but her skill point isn't going up, she headed to the library to do some studying.

Sarah: "Ah! There you are, Volume 3!"

Spoiler:
Wilhemina slept in her athletic wear. Full moon always makes her loony. I'll be glad when I can get rid of that trait. She had an important phone call to make.

Wilhemina: "I do love my job. I just need to focus on my family now. I will be okay. I'm going to explore other options."

Wilhemina quit her job, so she can spend more time around the house. They do kinda need the income, but she is needed at home more. Maybe she can focus on her other skills.

NO ONE PUTS SARAH IN THE CORNER! :O :fisty:

She spent her whole study time in this corner reading. She did gain that eighth skill point! :bounce: Just two more to go!

The tap broke, water gushed everywhere. :sigh: That thing should be unbreakable. The whole house is either filthy or broken down.

Jareth: "Why do I even bother..."

Wilhemina: "Don't worry about it, Sweetie, I'll get Gator to take care of it later."
Jareth: "Alright..."
Wilhemina: "This thing you are doing, I want to help."
Jareth: "What about your work?"
Wilhemina: "I quit. For us."

Wilhemina heads over to the hospital to take a gardening class at the science facility part. When she left, I realised she already had 5 gardening points! :O How did I not notice that?!

Then to the supermarket to buy tomatoes. That is a good start for her little garden. About here I changed her LTW to Perfect Garden. This should be fun! :D

As soon as she got home, she set to work planting the seeds. There is about enough space for the 9 plants she needs for her LTW. I'm not sure what her crops will be yet, but I have until she reaches 10 skill points to decide, and at least mostly supermax the skill. I built her a nice little gardening area, with a fence to keep the zombies away. There will be no undead destroying my crops here. :nono:

The uncle/nephew best friendship continues! They played with that dollhouse for quite a while. Jareth is in his work uniform, by the way. I love seeing them playing together. Good to see Hoggle acting like a kid period.

Alicia: "How is work?"
Sarah: "Stressful, but you know how it is."
Alicia: "I do. How is your life, Princess?"
Sarah: "Good! I got a tattoo. I know, finally, right? Hoggle and Jareth are spending so much time together. Me and Gator are great. I really think Wilhemina and Jareth might work on their marriage, now they have more time together. I worry about Taya. She wants to move to Bridgeport, after she graduates high school, but she doesn't know how to tell Jareth."
Alicia: "Jareth will see what is right. He needs time."
Sarah: "How is the netherworld treating you?"
Alicia: "Terrible! The grim reaper is such know-it-all, and Bailey won't let Chester and me have five seconds together. She won't shut up about being alive again."

Alicia is back again! :bounce: She and Chester haunt in pairs... :hearts:

Not everyone is happy. Hoggle fainted at the sight of her. :shifty:

:O :O :O !! :jawdrop: JARETH IS CLEANING!! Oh my god, this is shocking.

:shifty: I couldn't get used to her new hair, so I changed it back. She has started cooking more. Not enough to gain that many skills, but every chef counts! To be fair, I think she was glad to be able to do something other than clean up after the rest of the family.

Back to the book store for Sarah, to buy the rest of the recipes. She bought all recipes from skill point 8 to 10, and the best part was, it was free! The book store totally comped the purchase. :O Wow, the Snowes are really starting to get famous.

Hoggle wanted a little stove of his own. Now he can cook with his mother! She made dinner, he made desert. Just a plate of muffins, but everyone seemed to prefer them more than what Sarah was cooking.

Wilhemina made a trip to the library to study up on gardening, hopefully that will get her to ten skill points faster! :D
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Postby Livvielove » December 30th, 2017, 12:02 pm

Finally caught up! What a ride!

Spoiler:
Jareth what are you up to? :shiftyeyes: :lol:

I had a moment of:
When you said that about Sarah! Haha!

Hoggle getting time with Jareth was super special! I'm glad Jareth is reaching in to help the poor kid - he's been so quiet and reserved. Maybe Alicia's death hit him just as hard as it did Jareth?

Oh Taya, you're such a special child! Rainbows, butterflies and fairies! Life must seem pretty magical to her. She always has a sort of dazed and far-off vibe about her. It was great to see Alicia, and I'm sure it just made Jareth all the more determined for... well whatever it is he's doing. Glad to see he and his wife are working together now though!
It made me a little sad to think the Goblin Prince wouldn't be happy in his marriage.

Also I have to say I have a soft spot for Hoggle right now - him acting like his mother is positively adorable! XD

Can't wait to see what these Snowes are up to!
Livvielove
Mother Nutter
Staff Moderator

Postby Nevermore » December 31st, 2017, 7:38 am

So sorry I missed this, Liv!

Spoiler:
Jareth is quite sneaky... :hmm: Even I'm not 100% sure of his plan at this point. :shiftyeyes:

:bounce: Yay! You got the reference!! :D

So much went on! I feel these three updates really got to show off each of them for their own personalities, their quirks, etc, instead of having to orbit around Alicia in the challenge. :hmm: This showed them off perfectly. I do adore Taya, because she is the fun one. Most of her snaps sometimes, are just random stuff I catch her doing. I stage very little with her.
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 8 - 31/12

Postby Nevermore » December 31st, 2017, 3:16 pm

Taya: "This room is going to be so pretty!"
Gator: "Wow, the contractors didn't hang about."
Sarah: "I wonder what we could put in here?"
Wilhemina: "I'm so excited to decorate!"
Hoggle: "I'm not sleeping in here."
Jareth: "Don't be hasty. We should wait."

Is that Wilhemina's garden in the window? :O And the Snowe house in the other? :yes: I built a small 2 storey house beside the main one. I'm not sure where I got the original design from. I've had it drawn on quadrille paper for a while. The exterior matches the other house though. :D

Spoiler:
Taya headed upstairs to relax in her bedroom, which is now on the first floor of the second building. The ground one is still empty space.

Taya: "A private room all to myself..."

To be fair, I don't think she misses the view of the graves.

Sarah: "How about we move the seating area in here, and have a proper living room?"
Jareth: "No."
Sarah: "The bar then? You know Mama always wanted a bar of her own."
Jareth: "No!"
Sarah: "Jareth, we paid for this to be built, so the kids could be closer to the house. Why waste all this space?"
Jareth: "We're not doing anything."

The fairy guy in the background is paparazzi. All the "grown ups" are 4 star celebs, and the kids are 3 stars. Free gifts are coming in, and the paparazzi stalk them like crazy. I would put up a giant fence to keep them out, but it would ruin the beautiful view.

Jareth tested out the acoustic sound quality, with his guitar. His skill is going up quite nicely. Yep, Hoggle is still stuck in the cottage for now, but it is entirely empty save for his room. Even the bathroom is in this new building.

Hoggle: "Uncle Jareth, can I have a chamber room like yours?"
Jareth: "Sure, Kiddo! I'll make you the best chamber ever."

They get a new house, and Gator's still repairing that damn sink again. :fisty: The thing is supposed to be unbreakable!

Sarah: "Mama, Jareth is being such a baby and refusing to let me put anything in the new building. Can I decorate it?"
Alicia: "Sarah, you are a big girl now. Both of you are all grown up, and I shouldn't have to deal with this every time I come to visit! This is both of your house now, work it out."

Jareth moved his vault, to make space for the new chamber. :D

It used to run under where the new house is, but I moved it so it goes towards where the graves are. The vault is smaller so it doesn't go right under them.

Wilhemina is still working on her garden. She hasn't maxed it! I just happened to catch this before the skill bar popped up. She is at six skill points, but so close to seven. Next time she gardens, I can see her hitting seven points.

After school, Jareth had a surprise for Hoggle.

Hoggle: "Thank you, Uncle... I love it."
Jareth: "You're welcome, Kiddo."
Hoggle: "No one will be able to see in my room! I'll be able to do whatever I want!"
Jareth: "Yeah you can! It is all yours."

First thing Hoggle did was go to sleep, with complete 100% privacy for the first time in his entire life.

Taya got stuck doing the house cleaning, again... :roll:

Taya: "I thought we cancelled this subscription ages ago!"

The adults came up with a totally mature and completely grown up way of deciding who gets to decorate the ground floor room of the building; video games! Last one standing, gets it.

I made no interference, I sat them all down to play and sat back and watched.

Gator: "I lost..." :sigh:
Wilhemina: "Jackass."

Jareth: "I'm out..."
Wilhemina: "Don't worry, Honey, I'll win this house for us!"

Sarah: "Oh my god! I won! The house is mine!"
Wilhemina: "Congrats."

Jareth headed into the kitchen to sulk, and play with a bunny rabbit toy. :rotfl:

Jareth: "I could have won!"
Wilhemina: "I know, Honey, I know..."
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 9 - 2/1/1

Postby Nevermore » January 1st, 2018, 7:08 pm

Taya: "Oh yeah, I'm awesome... la-di-da... something, something, la-da-da..."

:lol: Taya dancing again! She pulls such funny faces when she dances. I could easily make a whole update of just Taya dancing.

Spoiler:
Oh, go on! One more... :whome:

Taya: "La-di-da, I'm going to win... 'cause I'm super awesome!"

A tender moment in private. :heart:

Wilhemina: "That was so sweet what you did for Hoggle, giving him a room all of his own."
Jareth: "It was nothing really. Hoggle is a good kid, he deserves his own space."

Wilhemina: "Have you thought of having more children..."
Jareth: "Why go through all that, when you can enjoy the fun part..." :sly: :smirk:

Wilhemina: "You sure..."
Jareth: "Wilhemina, let's just enjoy the time we have..."

This won't end well. :shifty:

Gator got one of those offers to change career, he was offered level 6 in the Science career. I figured, why not? He has some of the skills required for it, and it being his job might encourage him to skill quicker in fishing. Also the fact that now his work place is across the street, just like Sarah.

He got out of work early, because he no longer worked there.

Gator headed to elixir store, because Wilhemina needed a few things for her garden.

Gator: "I can't remember... that red grass thing, the purple wolf flower, and that mushroom that glows... "
Clerk: "Anything else?"
Gator: "Maybe. If I forgot something, she can come get it herself."

You know, the amount of times the Snowes have come in here, and she has served them, I never once bothered to even check what her name is. :shifty:

Then Gator headed home, where he could be electrocuted fix the TV. In this house, if it ain't broke, it is about to break. :eyebrow: And I want to see a sim get electrocuted! :fisty: Normally they get zapped often, this house seems immune to electricity. Where is a pikachu when you need one?!

Hoggle: "Don't be anything under there...."

There was, but Hoggle didn't get a chance to run. I would have figured he would faint due to his coward trait.

Hoggle: "Look Dad, you're boring, you're cliche. When I grow up, I'm going to be cool like Uncle Jareth."
Gator: "But... I wanted to protect you from the monsters!" :cry:

Hoggle now settled in his new chambers, I tore down the cottage and put in a pretty pond. Now Gator has no excuse for not fishing. It could have looked nicer, but I did the best I could with limited space. I unofficially name it Swain Pond, after Bailey and the name Chester wanted to give Jareth a very long time ago.

Gator got straight to work catching fish. ABOUT TIME!! :fisty: He didn't catch a great deal, but that doesn't matter. It's about the skill gain not what he actually catches.

Hoggle: "You are so cool, Uncle Jareth! Will I ever be as cool as you?"
Jareth: "Of course you will! Sort out your style, and you will be so cool everyone will want to be you."
Hoggle: :D

More uncle and nephew bonding. This hero worship of Hoggle's is just the cutest thing! Every time I leave them unattended, I come back and find them either in the same room or talking to each other.

Wilhemina was going stir-crazy and she was hungry, so I sent her to the diner to grab a bite to eat, and while she was there she sold all the fish from her inventory at the supermarket next door. She made about 500 simoleons, give or take. Not bad.

Hoggle has a hidden nice side. He is the first person ever to thank Taya for cleaning up after everyone.

Hoggle: "Thank you for cleaning the house, Taya."
Taya: "It is nothing, really." :D

I think she is more flattered than she let on!

She headed straight to her room to paint, and probably celebrate through colour! :hmm: Have to admit, not loving this painting.
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 10 - 3/1/

Postby Nevermore » January 3rd, 2018, 1:00 am

Jareth has been working on his guitar, and really getting into it. He is so close to mastering it!

Jareth: "Look, Papa, watch what I can do!"
Chester: "That's nice, son."

Everyone loves that games console! Even Chester has to play it.

Spoiler:
Even Hoggle loves the new pond, and got some fishing practise in. In one fishing session, he gained 3 skill points. Faster skill progression than his own father. Yes, Gator, you slacker; I'm looking at you!

His first proper catch was this giant toad! :thup: You go Hoggle! You got this!

Taya and Sarah had a bit of a gossip moment. I don't know why they are laughing. Somehow Taya knew that her aunt Faith had died, even though she has had no contact with the MacDuff side of the family since she moved in as a toddler.

Jareth playing again, while Hoggle listens and taps his feet to the beat. More worship of Uncle Jareth! :bounce:

Gator: "I got a bone to pick with you! My son called me boring and cliche because of you!"
Jareth: :eyebrow: "Gator, seriously? You pretty much ignore your son, and complain when someone else looks out for him? Really?"

Gator and Hoggle's relationship bar has plummeted, Hoggle doesn't have more than friends with Sarah either.

:hmm: I wonder what Taya is upto in the background...

Taya: "THIS IS RIDICULOUS! YOU COMPETE FOR THE ROOM, AND DON'T LET ME PLAY! I could beat all of you. Right now..."

Taya is mad... :lol:

She loses first, but she heads to the spare room to dance. She looks pretty pleased with herself. And she should...

While the adults are fighting it out on who gets it, Taya saw this as a chance to claim it for herself. :hmm: Apple didn't fall far from that tree. Life father, like daughter.

After this, I placed two desks, one in each of the outer corners for the kids to do their homework on.

Savouring her victory, that the grown ups were too dumb to notice, she was quick to enjoy her new desk instead of having to do her homework on the kitchen floor.

Taya: "I win!"

Sarah and Wilhemina sit down to watch a cooking show together. Both of them too busy chatting what they would love to do to the hot host to notice the decorated room. Gator has noticed though. :hmm:

During a full moon, Sarah and Jareth decide to settle this once and for all.

Jareth: "All or nothing, whoever wins this game, gets the room."
Sarah: "I beat you once, I'll do it again!"

Neither one technically won. Zombies kept bugging them, so it was a sorta draw.

Sarah: "What the hell?!"
Jareth: "It is done..."
Sarah: "I like it."
Jareth: "Me too."
Taya: "I knew you would love it!"

Chester: "I AM SICK OF ALL THIS FIGHTING!! Get along, or I will come back and take this house away!"
Taya: "Yes, See-through Grampa, I'm so sorry..."
Jareth: "Sorry, Papa..."

Good old Chester, to stop the madness! :rotfl:

Jareth: "I'll play you a song, Papa!"

Chester: "Forget this, I'm going back to my grave..."

:lol:

Jareth: "My guitar playing is good, isn't it, Mama?"
Alicia: "Of course, my Goblin Prince, you are the greatest rock star in the world. Brighter than any star in the sky."
Jareth: :bounce:

Hoggle moved to near the curtains on the wall to watch as well. He does love to listen to Uncle Jareth's music.
Nevermore
dancing to my own beat
House of Smustle

Re: Pursuit of Happiness: The Snowe Story - Update 10 - 3/1/

Postby snazzle » January 6th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Oh my word, so much has happened that I missed! I'm still a few posts back, but I'm going to start writing otherwise I'll just forget everything I want to comment on.

I'll admit that I'm happy Taya's old hair is back. It was my favorite. :)

I'm loving Hoggle getting some "air time" too. I'm glad Jareth decided to take him under his wing. A little of Jareth's confidence ought to be good for the sweet-but-nervous Hoggle.

And the way they decided who gets to decorate the ground floor of the new place was just perfect. LOL (As was the twist at the end. *hehe*)

Gator is so wonderfully awkward.. "I dunno, that red grass thing.." had me cracking up.
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Medals: 18
Story of the Month (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1)
2017 Xmas Events - Advent (1) 2017 Xmas Events-Secret Santa (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1) 12th Birthday Event (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Shooting Star (1) United States (1)
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Next

Return to Fictional Stories