Where the Willow Walks ~ (4/12/19)

All sims 3 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Where the Willow Walks ~ (4/12/19)

Post by Livvielove »

"Down by the water, under the willow, sits a lone ranger minding the willow.
He and his wife once lived happily, planted a seed that grew through the reeds."
"Willow" - Jasmine Thompson

[Home] ~ [Disclaimer] ~ [Chapter List]

[hr]
Chapters
00 ~ The Storyteller
01 ~ A Lesson in Science
02 ~ Adriel and Theran
03 ~ The Nine Generals
04 ~ Nyenni
05 ~ The Battle of Atalan
06 ~ The Pioneer
07 ~ Marie's Bluebells
08 ~ The Academy
09 ~ You Won't Last Here
10 ~ Family Day
11 ~ The Academy Chronicles
12 ~ Love Lines
13 ~ Don't Forget to Breathe
14 ~ The Snow Wars
15 ~ One Winter Morning
16 ~ Catrina Miser
17 ~ An Uneasy Feeling
18 ~ The God of Knowledge
19 ~ Walks Like a Duck, Talks Like a Duck
20 ~ The Complex Study of Love

[hr]
Where the Willow Walks is a story I've been working on for the past ~7 to 8 months and exclusively for the past 3(ish). It's a standalone story that takes place in Atalan, the world of all of my stories (Song of the Nightingale; Faction of the Lost Ones; The Reapers Legacy).I've worked really, really hard on this story, and there's a lot of editing and personal artwork put into it. This story has a lot of dark images on a dark background so mobile viewing may be more difficult. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Livvielove on November 29th, 2017, 11:49 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (7/28/17)

Post by Livvielove »

02 ~ Adriel and Theran

In a way, Theran was Adriel's strength and stability, and Adriel was Theran's will and heart.
Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: 76561198311960642
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (7/28/17)

Post by Blamsart »

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
LOOK AT THIS
LOOK AT THIS ITS BEAUTIFUL
The best kind of folklore
The Pasta Legacy
TS4 Legacy

Idiot+Insane+Crazy = Idanezy
An ISBI that is both Alphabetacy and Whishacy
help me

Image Image
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (9/3/17)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - SimNaNo begins! :celebration:
03 ~ The Nine Generals

Torig imbued more than breath, but a piece of his soul and energy into nine spirits - his nine generals.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (9/6/17)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - Off with a bang for SimNo; ~ 4,000 words and 55 pictures! Woo! This update kicked my butt with editing though. Imma go take a breather now.

[hr]

04 ~ Nyenni

A spirit’s bond with it’s other half is the most pure thing I can ever describe.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (9/10/17)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - SimNo #3!

[hr]

05 ~ The Battle of Atalan

She took the hit herself… and shattered into fragments.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (9/15/17)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - SimNo #4! Almost done with this challenge at 9,431 words! :bounce:
Special thanks to @Blamsart for helping me with the French in this chapter. :heart:

[hr]

06 ~ The Pioneer

"Sometimes you have to be the pioneer to learn something new."
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

This is just sooooo good! Not only is the story gripping, but the pictures are gorgeous! I can't wait to see what comes next!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

MichelleCYoung wrote:This is just sooooo good! Not only is the story gripping, but the pictures are gorgeous! I can't wait to see what comes next!
Thank you so much! I've been giving myself a little break between this last chapter and the next, but it should be up soon! SimNaNoWriMo kicks my butt into gear! :whome: I'm so flattered that you like it though! My stories are my babies and I love when people love them too!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (9/21/17)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - With this chapter, I have achieved gold for SimNoWriMo! :bounce: :celebration: :drinks: :party: :whistle: :whome: And WHAT a chapter to end on too. Full warning and disclosure - this is an intensely emotional chapter. I fully admit to crying my eyes out like a little baby writing, editing, and finishing this chapter. A big thank you to @Blamsart for the French help; and to both her and @mpart for their consistent support. The story is FAR from over, of course, but this chapter... just did me in emotionally and I'm SUPER proud of it. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did writing and rereading it. :heart:

[hr]

07 ~ Marie's Bluebells

“Promise me you won’t stop learning… but more importantly, that you will never… never stop pursuing whatever it is that makes you happy.”
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (9/21/17)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - My official last entry to SimNaNoWriMo! Ended with a bang. 6k words 114 pictures. :bounce: I hope you all enjoy!

[hr]

08 ~ The Academy

J'ai reussi, maman, papa.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (9/28/17)

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Just read Chapter 8, and I'm grinning, and saying, "D'awwww!"

This is great!

Also, thanks for posting here, so I can comment. Are you going to put a thread here for your other stories, too?
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (9/28/17)

Post by Livvielove »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Just read Chapter 8, and I'm grinning, and saying, "D'awwww!"

This is great!

Also, thanks for posting here, so I can comment. Are you going to put a thread here for your other stories, too?
Hi Michelle! Thanks! I loved chapter 8, even though there were parts of it that still broke my heart. I had no good place to end it so I worried it got a little meandering... :shifty:

As for my other stories, I have threads for all of them here, plus anonymous commenting as been enabled for anyone who isn't on boolprop who wants to comment on the stories! You can find the other thread links here:
Reapers Legacy
Song of the Nightingale
Faction of the Lost Ones(Perfect Genetics Legacy)
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (11/7/17)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - So this chapter comes from a very familiar, deep, and dark place in my life. When I was in the darkest point of my life, I was 16, not unlike Robert. I went through a very traumatic situation that left me torn open for a very long time and would lead me into a horrible depression and PTSD. It would take me years before I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm finally there.
This chapter is long, heavy, and follows the mind of someone suicidal.
The point of this chapter isn't to glorify it, but to show the gritty realness that many people face each day. To those of the world who have thought about, or actually committed, suicide: you are not alone. I hope you never forget that.

[hr]
09 ~ You Won't Last Here

“You won’t last here, Robert.”
Tell me something I don’t already know.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (11/7/17)

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow! Chapter 9 is powerful!
Spoiler:
I can't speak for everyone who has contemplated suicide, but I can say that a lot of it rang true, especially the part about being afraid people would try to "fix" you, when you know full well that they can't fix The Thing. And knowing that someone else loves you and needs you... That is what kept me going. That was the only thing, for me (I'm better now; Don't Panic, Friends!). Yeah, this was spot on.

In my experience, it's easy to find a cause worth dying for. It's harder to find a cause worth living for. Living through the pain and struggles and confusion and challenges. But love. Love hard, and challenging, and can be extremely painful in itself, but it IS worth living for. Whether it be romantic, family, friendship, or even basic altruism, love is, in my opinion, the most effective suicide preventative in the world. Because love is worth living through the pain. However, in order for it to work, the person contemplating suicide has to know two things: 1) that they are loved, and 2) that their death would cause immense pain to the person they love. If you don't have both elements, it loses its power.
Mostly, I like the funny stories, as an escape from the world. But dark stuff, done properly, can be cathartic. Well done.

I won't beg for a quick update, though. I reached my dark limit for a while, you know? I'm willing to bet you need a bit of a breather after writing that, too.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (4/8/18)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - It's been a while, sorry! I had a lot of sorting-out I had to do, though, and I'm back and better than ever! I got super revved up to get this chapter out, and honestly leaving it where it was on Chapter 9 we really needed this chapter! I hope you enjoy!

[hr]

10 ~ Family Day

Yet despite all the progress he made, which perhaps was minor in the grand scheme of things, he was chained to the impending doom that was Family Day.
He just wanted to get it over with.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Where the Willow Walks ~ (4/16/18)

Post by Livvielove »

Author's Note - Happy 1-year anniversary, Willow!

[hr]

11 ~ The Academy Chronicles

Happy 1-Year Anniversary, Where the Willow Walks!
LylaWitness

Post by LylaWitness »

Yay! Another chapter!

A one year anniversary? Oh wow, that's impressive! Congratulations!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Aaah - I was offline so long, I missed two chapters!
Spoiler:
I knew Professor May was mean, but then when she gossiped about her own student to another student, (especially one who had literally frozen out his dorm mate just because he didn't like company - what happened to the ETTIQUETTE?! there, huh?! Ummm, sorry, lost track. OH, yeah! A professor gossiped about her own advisory student to another student in the school, as well as telling him that a half-hour scheduling conflict was enough to make his choice of major unmanageable, without even TRYING to fix it! She was rotten. But then, I read Family Day, and it all came clear. Professor May is not that good in her own field of study, and became insanely jealous of Robert, because of it. I'm not sure what the jerk-wad FreezyPants' problem is, but I'm pretty sure there's some massive jealousy and insecurity of some form or other, as well. Perhaps he's sensitive enough to see that Robert was touched by a goddess, and can't stand it?

Then there's Jacob's mother. She lost a son, and watched her other boy struggle with loneliness for YEARS! Then, she meets her son's first real friend, and finds out that he's a lonely orphan. Of COURSE she's going to adopt him! She truly loved him before she ever met him, because he loved her son, and reminded her son of Lewis. Oh, yeah! That love is REAL! Hooray!

NExt chapter - OOoooh! We get to see personal stuff about the others? How nice.

Aww, man, I'm already feeling sorry for Stephan. Way to put a load of pressure on a person, DAD. And why would you hand over control of a "family empire" to a fresh graduate, anyway? Are yo planning on dieing,? BEcause, really, you say, "You're going to inherit this someday, so when you're done with your studies, you'll join the business, learn the business, become comfortable with the business, and let the employees become comfortable with you, and then, when you are READY, I'll hand over the reigns and retire." You don't say, "As soon as you graduate, it's all on you, right away, with no training beyond your schooling, nothing actually hands on, or pertinent to the real world workigs of the business, and I'm going to stand by and watch, rather than work with you, because I want to "retire" early." No. You don't do that. The man is a cruel fool. Not only that - a person has the right to decide for themselves what they want to do with their lives. STephan might want to go into some other line of work! In that case, Dad should look into some other heir, and train up that person to take over. Unless you're literally royalty, there's no real, honest excuse for this sort of treatment. It's a business, not a crown. It doesn't have to be passed down by blood. And if you DO feel the need to pass it down to one specific descendant, you don't spring that on them like that! You let them know early. "Hey, kid. Happy eighth birthday. Come to work with me, because some day, this will all be yours! Let's work out a plan for you to gradually learn the ropes, and by the time you graduate school, you'll be well prepared and confident to take over."

I love Sam. That is all.

You don't have to marry in to be family.

My favorite part of this scene: “Am I going to come to your wedding to this chick?” Sam asked as his breathing began to slow.
“Nah, you’ll be too busy being my best man.”

I just want to give Isidore a hug. There are so many ways to be a genius. Young people often don't realize that. And coming out and telling your story is often the best idea, but they often don't realize that, either. And asking questions of new people is often the best thing, too, and they often don't realize that, and basically, I just wish the whole school would just communicate!

Don't sell the patents! USE them!

Also, dollars to donuts, Chrysanthemum is just as insecure as he is.

Yep. Called it. I don't know whether I hate her parents, or whether she actually is an orphan in deep denial? But I want these two to be a couple SO BAD!

Mincia - I liked her from the start, and AGAIN, I just want to shake some sense into the parents' heads. Well, at least she gets to get her education. Can she turn Robert into a werewolf in this story? I don't know. I do know that I hope she gets to be with him. He's IMPORTANT. There is something he's meant to do which is going to be vital to a whole lot of people, INCLUDING that pack! Just let her hang on and not marry someone else until AFTER he proves it, right? Right?!

Cain and Ming! Liked them both from the first, and they would be so cute together! Also, How did you do that picture?! WOW! You are so talented with your art.

I like how you mix modern and old-fashioned, and various cultures, different holidays (Saturnalia! I know that one! Roman!) and all that mixed together. Your world-building is fascinating. I hope we hear more about that Mystic Era's Week of Darkness. Makes me think this is all placed in the year 3000, or more, some cataclysm sent us back to some sort of low-tech time, and different countries rebuilt at different rates. Anyway, it's fascinating.

Yay Ming! Yay Ming's mother! Yay Ming's father for at least ACTING better, although I don't know how he actually thinks.

THE GANG WATCHING! OMG, so funny! Also, they look so HAPPY about it all! HOORAY! I love this gang.

HOORAY!
This is really good! I love your story!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

@MichelleCYoung:
Spoiler:
Yes, indeed, Professor May really is something else. :fisty: She doesn't quite believe in etiquette I think... at least it certainly shows that way... XD You have a very, very good eye for that. Professor May is quite insecure in her position, I would argue, and I'm glad I was able to get that pushed through. I'm excited to get back into this and unleash all the hidden nuances to this story! Ahhh yes Victor, he's a rotten one too, no? He's quite racist, really, as he favors his "own" people to normal humans. Makes him very unpleasant on the very best days...

Ugh Mama be still my heart I love that woman. Abigail had me oozing from her maternal love she dumped onto Robert. Very real love, and I'm so glad someone was able to swoop in, cause people at this school seem to get vicious.

Ha! Poor Stefan I know, right?! It's really the hidden dynamic we don't see. A lot of these kids are so "well educated" due to their parents pushing them harder than they probably should be. Stefan is more a case of his birth state (born a vampire, like his mother) which gives him an extremely long lifespan. His father sees him more as a capable vampire, so he immediately assumes Stefan will be confident and capable fresh rolling out of school. Besides, the company was built on the backs of people far less educated, so I think he sees his son as getting an education will put him WAY MORE ahead of where everyone else will be, so he (Stefan's father) can retire early.
On the plus side, Stefan's mom spoils him freaking rotten, along with his sister. His parents were not married for love, but his mother is certainly hoping the dreams he's having of this girl will lead him to someone perfect for him.
Sam and Stefan's relationship just makes my life. They're so comfortable with each other that I just become GOO.

Iiisssssiiiiddoooorrreeeee. He's my precious, I don't normally give spoilers, but we do see him in my other stories... I couldn't NOT take a chance to elaborate him here. I've sworn he'll get his own story one of these days... :fisty: When I'm not overloaded with stories that need told, lol! His story is SO freaking wonderful. Hooop it'll take so much to not just gush all about it here. :whome: :hearts: :idea:

Chrys the poor baby is NOT an orphan, her parents are just REALLY terrible. Hate her parents. I know I sure do. Her parents would nitpick her to death and she'd think of it as a compliment because at least they'd be paying attention to her.

Hehe, lots of teenage crushes, so hard to sort through them all! This academy has been so much fun for me to really expand my lore out wide and deep. I've always had these things but had no reason to TALK about them before, so pulling in all these faces let's me dip my toes in this beautiful water we call the lore. Robert actually canNOT be turned into a werewolf in this story, simply because he already has magic in his blood. Short version: unless born a hybrid, a body cannot handle more than one lifestate magic in its blood, so it will start attacking itself mercilessly as one lifestate tries to take dominance which in almost all cases results in death. Long version -

TANGENT TIME:
I naturally do this, feel free to ignore if you're not into this deep of lore, lol. Magic in Atalan (this universe) functions as a part of the blood and DNA. The world naturally has a core of magic (as we've seen with Torig/the Spirit Realm of which the whole of Atalan was produced), but this magic is what we, in this universe, call "Raw" magic. Raw magic is too dangerous and unpredictable to be utilized by a majority of the people in the world (spirits are different, as they're made of this Raw magic/energy), and that's where the God of Magic comes into play. The God of Magic works as a natural filter, his existence alone already starts the filtering process, however filtering so much magic and information tends to drive that God, well, insane. (This is why the current God of Magic, if you've met my darling Majnun, is a little on the 'eccentric' side, that's normal. If anything, he's done the best job out of almost all previous Gods of Magics before him at maintaining himself) This is relevant because it's FROM this filtered magic that almost ALL usable magic stems. Other gods (like using one you'd recognize the name of, Lord Aadish, for instance) would take a strain of the God of Magic's FILTERED magic to form their own strain that their followers can use that's specific to them. This hooks up in the bloodstream, basically saying "this person has access to x magic" which allows them to manipulate "x" magic around. When I say "magic" I don't just mean like... witch/wizardy stuff, but Vampirism, Werewolfism, etc all function in here too, as they utilize magic to accomplish the change in their physiology. This change in bloodstream ALSO affects aging, not relevant, but a neat tidbit I thought I'd tack on. Anyways, so once you have one functioning in your blood, the introduction of another will cause the magics to fight for dominance in the body. This is an extremely excruciating thing to endure when done in larger doses. In smaller doses (like a weak vampire's bite) someone who is fairly adept in their strain of magic could likely overcome the foreign magic invasion, but if the dosage is strong enough, it can (and has) killed. On the flip side to this you CAN be born (rarely) as a hybrid capable of two states of magic. This is usually very fragile, often with costs on the health/wellness/appearance of the person in question. Long story short, in this world if you're born with a magic in you're blood, that's what you'll be stuck with for the rest of forever (unless you get it stripped out by the God of Magic himself, but I hear he's a bit hard to get ahold of ;) ). Robert was born gifted with magic, stemming from a line down the God of Magic's (ergo more like witch magic, as opposed to physiological magic).
END TANGENT

Cain and Miiiiiiiiing! :heart: Haha, thank you so, so much! I use GIMP and Autodesk and a combination of a few other things. It gives me a couple nifty tricks up my sleeves (like all the editing I did on the pictures for the Spirit Realm). I can't take FULL credit for it though, as Cain is actually one of my bestie's (Blamsarts) characters from Light the Way to Heaven, and his gift THERE is seeing emotions, often in rings around people, which I had her coach me through how to do it so we could have a small throwback to her story (since I did steal him AND Mincia from there).

Yes, yes, yes! Thank you! Thank you! I fleshed out this world and spend WAY too much time digging into it. I wanted holidays but I knew they couldn't be like OUR holidays here, as well... there's no Jesus in my story, so Christmas would be strange, but I didn't want to just create totally NEW holidays, so yes, I fell back onto the Roman ones and am keeping similar themes during similar times of the year... I'm just renaming them and taking away any connotation to things that connect it to OUR world Mythology in exchange for the actual Atalan lore. Atalan has been around for thousands and thousands of years, and it's "reset" several times throughout. The Mystic Era's Week of Darkness is VERY similar to what you described. Robert has a fascination for that though, so thankfully I can promise that'll get more fleshed out with time. I was a little miffed that Mincia didn't want to engage Robert in the controversies of Beowulf (given that Grendel would often be referred to as a Werewolf, you know Werewolf = Villain = bad stereotype that would normally inflame someone like Mincia - alas, she's not a big reader so I had to sit on all that fancy lore myself).

YES I had so much fun building that group pose. It took forever and a few bodies got wonky and needed me to start from scratch on but it was SO worth it! Lol! I love this whole family of people. Would you believe me if I told you that originally I planned Robert's life to be kind of breezed by (as, well this is sort of the "prequel" to my actual story I'm planning with the spirits, I was just trying to show the people they touch and who will have big impacts on the future of Spirit-human interaction), I intended maybe 2 chapters for the Academy... then I made the students one by one and they told me their hopes and dreams and made friends and I fell in love so now we're just gonna cruise through this section taking as long as I feel we need. XD I'm not complaining, though... I'd much rather this!

Though I'm a bit afraid that'll happen again with the next character who is meant to be introduced after Robert... I put this teaser up on my tumblr and I'm really excited for her too.
Thank you so much! Your comments always fire me up!

Return to “Sims 3 Stories”