Back to TS2

Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of Boolprop before, please re-introduce yourself and include your previous user names, if they have changed.
MaxiBuckle

Back to TS2

Post by MaxiBuckle »

After watching 47 episodes of BlueberryPie's apocalypse on YouTube, I was compelled to load up my game and start my own apocalypse. My founder died miserably and I had a great time!

I am a grandmother to two young simmers who love creating new families with odd names like poppop trrrrrrrrrrr and Sparkly Like Her Shoes.

Right now, I have installed my game up to Seasons because I need to find a way around Securom. Then, I will play an apocalypse with all the rules in place. I am glad to be in a place where I love Sims again.

Until recently, I was getting my Sims fix playing Freeplay.
Candi0207

Re: Back to TS2

Post by Candi0207 »

Welcome back MaxiBuckle!!! Good to see you again. I always thought of you as the queen of the apocalypse. :)
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Welcome back!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Welcome (back) to the forum!

The Apocalypse challenge calls to many of us - including me, though I've never been successful with it, :lol:

I hope to see you around the forum more, and if you do start a challenge you keep, I hope you'll share it with us! :bounce: :)
theoddcatlady
Origin ID: NatureReigns

Post Counts

Post by theoddcatlady »

Hello MaxiBuckle! Welcome back! :D
MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Candi, I recall you were going to start writing a book. How did that go? I am back working as a nurse. If I go into private duty, I might have to load my game onto a laptop. Twelve hours is a looooong shift for 1:1 care.

As for sharing my apoc, I will have to learn how to work the story widgets at some website or other. I really prefer the story format I am seeing now over the exchange.

I have not seen A Certain Reader linked from here, yet. It has all our old stories from the exchange.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Do you mean the stories linked from there to here? If so, I think there are a few that are linked here, but not many. I know mine are, at least.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

Hooptytrib created this amazing site:

Have you seen it?

http://clockwatching.net/~jack/s2/reader/
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi, Maxi!

I'm years into a Borg Apocalypse, the Gen 3 heir is almost an adult and will be marrying Jan Tellerman.

So far I have Artist (great first lift), Business, Military, Science, Intelligence and Medical (Jan).

Still have not managed to pull off an adult start.
Image Image
ISTJ
MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

Still no food! I read through the McHero Apocalypse and now I am really itching to get the rest of the EPs installed.

SIL will host the Borg rules on kaleiope indefinitely because he is also hosting his dad's business website and a non-profit site.

It's great to see so many familiar players still at boolprop. :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Not for lack of trying! The dang job refuses to show up :hissyfit:

McHero Apocalypse, a flawless AC as far as I could tell! I know I've screwed up three times on mine so far.

That's cool your granddaughters are playing too - playing The Sims for the first time is an experience to behold.
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

Welcome back! :hug: (It's me, Nemo - I'm using my old Sims 2 exchange name here).

Unfortunately I still(!) haven't finished my first AC, but I'm not giving up... :banghead:

Concerning the old reader, over a year ago, it went down for a few days, after that, lorinsv contacted hoopty, he got it running again and posted Zip files of the entire archive on the site, so now you can save the full experience offline - see here: http://boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3190

So your grandkids are Sim addicts too? 2, 3 or 4? Still can't let go of 2, 3 got interesting for me once it got island paradise (I love house boats), and 4 I got up to the back to work expansion... need to feed EA moar money soon....

I played Sims freeplay as well, but the repeated 'wait or pay'-mechanic killed it for me...

See Ya!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Welcome back!!!
MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

Thank you, Pony :)

Nemo, I really missed out on the happenings. Thanks for that link.

The kiddos like Sims 2, because that's all I have installed. Sims 3 & 4 never grabbed me. I would not call them Sim addicts, but CAS addicts. They take turns making new families and using motherlode to buy nice homes. They play the family for maybe 5-10 minutes before making a new one and passing the mouse. They can do this for maybe two hours, then they are done.

They packed so many families into Strangetown that there is only ONE spot left to fit a 5x5 lot. Many of their families don't have phones, so they don't make good apocalypse buddies. They are adorable, though. Most if them have face paint. I offered to install TS2 on their home computer, and they said, "No thanks."

They prefer Minecraft and Roblox.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Welcome back! I remember your stories quite fondly. Always nice to see old faces come back. That's cute about your grandkids and CAS. Guess you could always install phones yourself. My brother is a building addict though he hates he can't make things even. LOL
Peanutbutter

Post Counts

Post by Peanutbutter »

Welcome back! There's nothing quite like TS2, is there? TS3 is the only other one in the series that reaches the happiness I feel whilst playing.

Got to try a apocalypse challenge someday!

TS2- Compact Legacy Upd 10th Apr 20 | Sweetheart Legacy Completed!
Widespot Never Knew What Hit It! Upd 22nd Dec | Be A Flamingo Among Pigeons Upd 3rd Jan

TS3- Party On My Lawn! Upd 8th Jan

Other stuff- Simblr :: Dreamwidth :: MTS downloads

MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

I have been reading through the other TS2 challenge rulesets and there are others I want to try. A bit of structure makes playing more fun for me. Am currently waiting for delivery of the Holiday Stuff pack and Celebration pack from EBay. With those, I will have the complete collection, except for the online store stuff. I might even have that stuff somewhere, but it is not worth fretting about.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Welcome back! It's nice to see you! I remember seeing your name tons when I'd be looking for help with my own apocalypse! :D Now I kind of want to start another one. :shifty:
hello! :heartbeat:
MaxiBuckle

Post by MaxiBuckle »

Oh, I lost three Adult Starts so far with the complete rule set at kaleiope. My failures are going to go into an apocasylum. Those Freetime chance cards are killing me.

I am loving this. Every minute!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

OMG! MaxiBuckle! I am such a big fan! I read your apocalypse challenge, where you destroyed Pinstar! It was MARVELOUS! So sorry you have to deal with Suckyourom. But, hey, up to Seasons is still pretty darned challenging. I nearly lost my founder to the cold. I had the pic of his freezing near-corpse as my siggy picture until Photobucket changed.

I am SO STOKED to see you here, and I can't wait to see what you post! WHEEEEEE!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Introductions”