Sul sul!

Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of Boolprop before, please re-introduce yourself and include your previous user names, if they have changed.
Justo

Sul sul!

Post by Justo »

Hello everyone!

My name's Patrick, I'm 22 years old and I'm from The Netherlands. I've been playing The Sims since the first day it came out in 2000 (I was only 6 years old at the time.) I've played every Sims iteration so far and I already know I'll continue to do so until the end of times, that's how much love I have for the series. I never really cared that people around me made fun of me, how I was playing a "game that was made for girls". While they played soccer in both real life and computer games, I was playing with my families, creating their backstories, building houses and just having a lot of fun in general. Thankfully I had parents who understood my obsession for The Sims and purchased every game for me until I became an adult and was able to afford them myself. It's funny thinking back to my childhood... my parents always knew what to get me for my birthday because this game was literally the only thing I could ever get excited about (I'm not that much of a gamer in general).

I met really awesome people via The Sims throughout the years and it made me feel connected to the community as a whole. As a matter of fact, I bonded with an American over the Sims on Tumblr a couple of years ago and ever since then, we haven't stopped talking to each other and we consider each other as our best friend. We don't even care that there's an age gap of roughly fifteen years between us: after all, age is just a number and it really emphasizes the fact that people from all ages love this game.

If I have to pick a favorite I'll have to go with The Sims 2. I actually plan to start my first proper BACC challenge and continue with it (I tried to do it multiple times before but I always quit) and I might even post updates about it on here to share it with you all. :spin:

Other than that, I'm a music lover and I love to read and write stories myself. I used to write stores in Dutch, my native language, but I started to write them in English a year and a half ago so I could improve my English writing skills even further. Besides, English is an awesome language and I wish it was my native language instead of Dutch. I absolutely loathe my language and, trust me, I'm not the only Dutch person who feels that way. But anyway...

You'll be seeing lots of me on here. I hope to meet more wonderful people from here. Take care everyone! :wave:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Sul sul!

Post by Ani-Mei »

Welcome to Boolprop, we have so few male simmers here. Nice to see another one. Check out the forums and see what appeals to you, we have lots of fun events going on if you care to join. And our ongoing event of Boolprop Houses is still open too. :)
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

:wave: Welcome to Boolprop!!

I know a few male simmer so it is not just for girls :D your mates obviously don't know what they are missing :P
and you are right, age is just a number, i am 50 and like you, have been obsessed with this game since 2000, an obsession that I can never see dying.

I look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you better :thup:
Jump into chat - you will always find someone to talk to :D
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

Sul-sul to you too! :yes:
No simmer can resist an introduction in simlish. :thup:
itsjulie's right, this game isn't just for girls, it's only the cool people that understand that. I think if Sims was just for girls it would be more pink or be solely a cooking game or some balogna like that. :roll:
Welcome to Boolprop Justo! Have you ever done a bilingual story? With a line in English and then in Dutch, or vice versa? I've attempted Spanish to English. Chat is a good place to meet people as well as the Games area. See you there! :wave:
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Ooh! Ooh! Oooooh! A new person! A new face! Helloooo! :bounce:

I can't wait to read this BACC! That's such a difficult feat. I've never been able to complete one myself. I'm a Sims 3 gal myself, but I love how - like you said - this forum brings together people from all walks of life! We have lots of fun little events around the forum and there's always the chat on the front page you can stop in and say hello!

By the way, your English writing is impeccable! I'm always blown away by how many people can write a story in English when it's not their native language. English IS my native language and even I struggle to write in it! :lol: The good news is... there's a smilie for everything and that's why this forum is amazing. :yes: ^^
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Sul sul, right back atcha!

I'm glad to see another male simmer. We have some, but, yes, the women out-number the men, and it's not right. If it were only for girls, then why would Nick Carter, pop star and known Doom aficionado, also play it (at least, he said he played Sims 1 and was obsessed by it, when it first came out). So there.

Your English writing is really good. Either you have the gift of tongues, or you spend a lot of time editing and polishing your work. I actually enjoyed Dutch, but then, I was a kid visiting the country, and not a native speaker, and I don't remember much of it, at all. Also, I was very good at clearing my throat. Ahem. G. It grossed my parents out when I practiced, so BONUS! But if you post stuff in Dutch, with pictures, I'll try reading it. Personally, if you don't mind, I would definitely second a bi-lingual story. You know some simmers have come up with programs designed to use The Sims to teach other languages? I saw one in German. It was neat!

You have great timing joining up, because we are just starting "SimNaWriMo," or "Sims National Writing Month," but International would be better, but it's actually a play on NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month - November), which is an American thing, although anyone may join, and I'm rambling, sorry. Anyway, Check out the events section here on Boolprop, if you want to join. The more, the merrier!

Also, if you have a simself (what we call a sim avatar of yourself), please feel free to post that in the Sims Central/Creations section. We love seeing each other's simselves, and inviting our favorite players to "join us in game," and play with us in our own stories. If you don't want to appear in other players stories, either don't post a simself, or post one, but make a note not to use it without permission. Still, it's nice to see how you view yourself, right? I, personally, always enjoy the simselves, either in my own game or seeing them in others.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Justo

Post by Justo »

I just wanted to reply to everyone that has commented on here individually right before I have to head back to work. I'd rather play The Sims instead. :fisty:
Ani-Mei wrote:Welcome to Boolprop, we have so few male simmers here. Nice to see another one. Check out the forums and see what appeals to you, we have lots of fun events going on if you care to join. And our ongoing event of Boolprop Houses is still open too. :)
Thank you! I'll take a look at the events later, have to get myself accustomed to the forum first. After lurking on here for so many years it's weird to finally be a member myself but I'll get used to it! :rotfl:
itsjulie wrote::wave: Welcome to Boolprop!!

I know a few male simmer so it is not just for girls :D your mates obviously don't know what they are missing :P
and you are right, age is just a number, i am 50 and like you, have been obsessed with this game since 2000, an obsession that I can never see dying.

I look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you better :thup:
Jump into chat - you will always find someone to talk to :D
I've met a couple of male simmers as well when I still had a Simblr (and I'm in the process of creating a new one again, had to delete my old one because real life got too busy.) My friends loved to make fun of basically everything that they didn't like themselves, they didn't even care to comprehend that not everyone likes the same things. It's not like they're my friends anymore, I cut out all the toxic people from my life because I did not want to deal with all the drama they caused.

You'll definitely get to know me better! ^^
modelmgt wrote:Sul-sul to you too! :yes:
No simmer can resist an introduction in simlish. :thup:
itsjulie's right, this game isn't just for girls, it's only the cool people that understand that. I think if Sims was just for girls it would be more pink or be solely a cooking game or some balogna like that. :roll:
Welcome to Boolprop Justo! Have you ever done a bilingual story? With a line in English and then in Dutch, or vice versa? I've attempted Spanish to English. Chat is a good place to meet people as well as the Games area. See you there! :wave:
Glad you caught up on the Simslish (but then again, this is a Sims forum so I shouldn't be so surprised.)

To answer your question: no, I haven't done a bilangual story at all. I either wrote one completely in Dutch or in English. I take it bilanguals stories are allowed on here then? Now you made me all interested in it! :O
Livvielove wrote:Ooh! Ooh! Oooooh! A new person! A new face! Helloooo! :bounce:

I can't wait to read this BACC! That's such a difficult feat. I've never been able to complete one myself. I'm a Sims 3 gal myself, but I love how - like you said - this forum brings together people from all walks of life! We have lots of fun little events around the forum and there's always the chat on the front page you can stop in and say hello!

By the way, your English writing is impeccable! I'm always blown away by how many people can write a story in English when it's not their native language. English IS my native language and even I struggle to write in it! :lol: The good news is... there's a smilie for everything and that's why this forum is amazing. :yes: ^^
I have started so many Build-a-City challenges but I always quit on the same day because either my game acted up or I lost interest in my families already. To me, the beginning phase of a BACC is the hardest part for me to get through. And also, I take ages trying to create my sims. I'd rather download some sims and play with them instead and add my own sims later on. I'm in the middle of setting everything up and I'm so impatient, I just wish I could skip that part and get straight into playing!

I love The Sims 3 as well and I played it for so many hours. I just wish I didn't delete all my saves, screenshots and basically everything Sims 3 related when I was mad at the game a year or so ago. I still have a copy of my custom content, thankfully, but I had so many screenshots from my families which I adored and now I'll never see them again. The only thing I dislike of The Sims 3 is that it's so slow and has a lot of lagg and that's a shame because it is a solid game. You know what my problem is? I am always having an inner battle whether I want to play The Sims 2, 3 or 4. The Sims 4 most likely gets crossed out first because I'm still not satisfied with the amount of content we've gotten during the past three years, but then I'm unsure which iteration I want to play next and it can take me hours to decide either what I want to play or that I'm not going to bother with both of them. Such a shame!

I might start a Sims 3 legacy challenge as well later down the road. I love legacy challenges so much but I never once completed one in my entire life. The furthest I've gotten so far was 4 generations when my entire game crashed and deleted my save. You can understand how pissed I was and then I've never touched a legacy challenge ever since. :cover:

Thank you for the compliment! I am the same when it comes to Dutch: even Dutch people struggle with our own language. It's a pain in the backyard, really, because our sentences have a different structure and many words are difficult to pronounce. I like the English language better overall. It's a good thing that the Dutch education system begins to teach children English already when they're from a very young age. Maybe that's the reason why English was my best (and favorite) subject in school. :blush:
MichelleCYoung wrote:Sul sul, right back atcha!

I'm glad to see another male simmer. We have some, but, yes, the women out-number the men, and it's not right. If it were only for girls, then why would Nick Carter, pop star and known Doom aficionado, also play it (at least, he said he played Sims 1 and was obsessed by it, when it first came out). So there.

Your English writing is really good. Either you have the gift of tongues, or you spend a lot of time editing and polishing your work. I actually enjoyed Dutch, but then, I was a kid visiting the country, and not a native speaker, and I don't remember much of it, at all. Also, I was very good at clearing my throat. Ahem. G. It grossed my parents out when I practiced, so BONUS! But if you post stuff in Dutch, with pictures, I'll try reading it. Personally, if you don't mind, I would definitely second a bi-lingual story. You know some simmers have come up with programs designed to use The Sims to teach other languages? I saw one in German. It was neat!

You have great timing joining up, because we are just starting "SimNaWriMo," or "Sims National Writing Month," but International would be better, but it's actually a play on NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month - November), which is an American thing, although anyone may join, and I'm rambling, sorry. Anyway, Check out the events section here on Boolprop, if you want to join. The more, the merrier!

Also, if you have a simself (what we call a sim avatar of yourself), please feel free to post that in the Sims Central/Creations section. We love seeing each other's simselves, and inviting our favorite players to "join us in game," and play with us in our own stories. If you don't want to appear in other players stories, either don't post a simself, or post one, but make a note not to use it without permission. Still, it's nice to see how you view yourself, right? I, personally, always enjoy the simselves, either in my own game or seeing them in others.
And I'm glad to be another male simmer around here to keep you women company. As you said, it's not right that the women out-number the men. From what I believe, many men that play The Sims are also embarrassed to admit it to others because they think it's bad for their "reputation" or that others will think that they're gay which is absurd. And besides, who cares what other people would think of you? As long as you have fun in everything to do you should just live your life and not let others dictate it.

Thank you for the compliment as well! As I said earlier in this post, English was my best and favorite subject in school and I enjoyed reading stories/fanfiction written in English when I was just a child. In the Netherlands, shows from the United States or the United Kingdom (or any other show from an English-speaking country) are aired in English and not the in Dutch, but they do have subtitles so people who can't speak English very well can still understand what's going on and that has helped me develop my English skills as well. And now that I have an American (best) friend which I met through The Sims with whom I call and Skype and chat almost daily my English even becomes better. She has admitted to me that she likes my Dutch accent when I speak English though. :oops: Sometimes I speak in Dutch just to confuse her because I know she can't understand it and then the only reply she'll give me is: "I don't understand simslish." And yes, you got it right: the G! The nightmare of everyone that wants to learn the Dutch language. I'm used to clearing my throat to make that sound (as you have to make it sound really harsh!) but you have no idea how many times I've gotten a sore throat because of that.

You're also interested in a bilangual story, I see. Now I definitely have to look into it. Who knows, I might make my BACC bilangual while I'm at it. I've always played with the idea of creating a simself but I never pushed through with it, but now I actually have a reason to do so! I love having simselfs of other people in my game so I can create stories with them. I might even download simselfs from people on here which I am going to use in my Sims 2 BACC because all the Sims I create in The Sims look the same. :roll: I rolled the amount of families and Sims I'm going to have to start my BACC with: 4 families, 2 families of 1 Sim (one male, one female) and then 2 families of 3 Sims (both families have 2 females and 1 male). I already made one female myself but I need to have more! I might take a look in the Sims Central/Creations section to download a few simselfs for my BACC (after I've gotten their permission to use them!). And I'll also take a look at that SimNaWriMo event.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Welcome!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories