Your TS4 Questions!

Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Your TS4 Questions!

Post by Rhea »

Hi everyone!

I know a lot of you who will not be able to get the game tonnight may have questions for those of us who will be installing and playing tonight/tomorrow. Thought it might be a good idea to have one thread for all the random questions you may get, or things you'd like to see screenshots of.
djdesib

Re: Your TS4 Questions!

Post by djdesib »

You already know my question, but im gonna re-ask in case anyone else is wondering the same thing
Are we going to have different save files like in TS3 or is it going to be more TS2 based?
And i would like to see a screenshot of the neighborhoods in town mode because they look pretty small to me, and definitely a scenario where they dont pay their bills, i want to see how that plays out haha
and I think the only other question I have is children and teens, when they do their HW with the new multitasking does this mean they can watch tv AND do their homework? because that would be a big time saver bc my child and teen sims before never had time to do anything unless it was on the weekends
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

I also have the question about how save games work! :)
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
Ath

Post Counts

Post by Ath »

I don't know for sure but today during a live broadcast I saw a save and save as option when they were playing. I assume that means there can be different saves like in Sims 3 :)

Thanks for the sig Christie :D
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

They have said the release comes with 3 saved games so I am thinking similar to Sims 3
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Now having a sunk a few hours into TS4, I can say that yes, saved games work more like in TS3 than they did in TS2. I don't have a screenshot of worlds for ya, but yes, they are pretty small. That's made up for by making all worlds that ship with the game available in each and every save--the town limits are a bit blurred. You move your sims into a smaller "neighborhood" of about four houses, of which you can see all of them, and you can go visit those neighbors through a loading screen. Your sim can travel farther into town, too, of course, also with a loading screen.

I haven't spent a lot of time playing children/teens yet, so I can't answer your question about homework and multitasking. Multitasking does look really cool, however--I've had a sim playing a computer game in the bedroom computer, while his wife sits on the edge of the bed and talks to him. ^^
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yes they can multitask homework. Child is talking to Mom, I add Do Homework to her queue. She is still standing talking to mom, as she reads her homework. :thup:
Sporks
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Sporks »

Okay... that's pretty gosh darn cool. I'm not anywhere close to getting the game but I think in the future there shall be a purchase of this. Now don't mind me as I stalk the TS4 area for a while. :shifty:
~ Sporks - Chelsea - Not Chels - Shamelessly Frozen Obsessed ~
Twitter & Tumblr
Just your friendly neighborhood admin.
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

My next question is premades!! I thought about making this its own thread but i wasnt entirely too sure on it so im just placing it here haha I would like to see all of the returning sims from TS3 or even TS2 :thup:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

I found the Goths. ^^ I don't have a picture for you, but they're sitting in the bin to be placed. Mortimer and Bella are adults, Cassandra is a teenager, Alexander is a child. Mortimer is now a writer. :) I get the feeling that judging by this family alone, TS4 is set about a week (game time) before TS2 begins.
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

a week? thats an oddly specific time haha what makes you say that?
hippielayla86

Post by hippielayla86 »

The returning families I have seen are the Goths - Mortimer and Bella are adults, Cassandra is a teen and Alexander is a child - so it's set chronologically between Sims 2 & 3 with 3 being before 4's timeline and 2 being after since Mortimer is an elder and Cassandra is an adult in 2.

The Landgraabs are back - Malcolm is a teen.

And the Calientes are back - with their renamed and redesigned mother Katrina - and Dina and Nina are teens when the game starts. Don lives with the family - but I haven't played their lot, so I don't know his age or Katrina's - my guess would be adult for Katrina and Young Adult for Don. He looks hilarious too - I think the best description I've read about his look so far was from someone on MTS saying "It's looks like he binged on watching Fresh Prince of Bellaire and pulled out whatever clothes he still had from the '90s" :rofl:

I really like the multitasking - except for when a sim is really hungry, and I'd just rather them eat. Otherwise it comes in handy. :)

So far - so good.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

I said a week based on the ages of the Goths. ^^

I made a "let's play" of sorts in the Sims 4 tutorials board, covering the basics of gameplay and that kind of thing. If you guys want to see what the game looks like, that might be something you'd be interested in. ;)
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

Is there a way to rotate or fix a lot's alignment so that what we see in the play/build view is what we see in the map view?

As a builder, I typically create on one lot, then will port the result to library for use elsewhere, but seeing the lots and their alignments in play/build vs world view, I'm wondering why they didn't include a general lot editor that allows you to t5ell the game "this is where the front of the lot is supposed to be." Annoying.
Desmera

Post by Desmera »

Can anyone tell me if there is any benefit to granting your sims wishes? Do they get points like in 3 to buy cool things or do they get increased moods or anything?
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Yeah there are points towards buying things like happy potion or things that make your sims needs decline slower, etc.
Desmera

Post by Desmera »

Thank you Rhea! One more question if I may, does anyone know if you can sell items in bulk from the inventory? I can sell one, I can click the corner to separate the stack but I can't seem to drag the whole stack to sell. It's going to be very troublesome for my gardener to sell his goods if I have to sell all these veggies one by one...
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Whenever I pull the stack in the middle, it has taken the entire stack.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Is the actual game CAS different from the CAS demo? :)
hello! :heartbeat:
Ilyria

Post by Ilyria »

The CAS is the same in the way you make Sims, but there are more clothing options, and I believe more colour options for some of the clothes that were in the Demo.

I have some questions about children and pregnancy...
1. I haven't played around with the child section of CAS much, my Sims first and current;y only child just aged into a child, but I vaguely remember when watching a LP that the more 'fantasy' hair colours (blue, pink, etc.) weren't available for the child age, can children inherit these hair colours?
2. What happens if a Sim doesn't take a pregnancy test? Do you have to take the test to activate pregnancy, or will the Sim find out on their own?
3. Has anyone had a pregnancy test saying they weren't pregnant yet? What is the animation like (just curious)?
4. Do Sims who don't like children have a different reaction to a positive pregnancy test (I'm sure they probably don't, but just like the last one, I'm curious).
I could probably test these all out myself, but I just figured if somebody knew the answers already it would save me some time.

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”