Bringing back a sense of community

djdesib

Post by djdesib »

Sorry ive been like spamming these boards so much lately, and Im not sure exactly where this post should go so Im posting in the ts4 chat. I feel like there was definitely a big gap in the boolprop community between the sims 2 and the the sims 3, and it could be just me that feels this way but I think that the sims 4 is really gonna liven up the boolprop boards and that theres going to be less of a gap between users, because when the sims 3 came out, we were split where some users stayed with ts2 and some moved on to ts2.
Cause i know that when the sims 3 came out i sort of lost touch with the boolprop community because every time i logged on there were no new posts. But i cant wait to see what everyones sims and houses are going to look like and Im definitely looking forward to reading the new challenges you guys are going to come up with. So does anyone feel the same way or is it just me? haha :alien:
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Bringing back a sense of community

Post by Rhea »

Oh, you're not spamming the boards at all. I love seeing these conversations come up! We've had conversations about the community, and are also hoping TS4 can bridge that gap that you speak of. The best way to bring back that active sense of community is to just do what you're doing! Keep the posts and new topics coming. We want everyone to share sims & stories and opinions and make polls to get involvement up where it was in the day. It all starts with you guys :) I cannot wait to see what comes out of TS4!
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

I honestly think the emotions will make for more unique gameplay and thus leading to more stories and more interesting "Whats happening in your game" topics haha
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Oh my gosh, I cannot wait to see the random actions that come out of emotions. I'm also really curious to see what people build. It looks like the build tools are more accessible to those who, like me, are building tool challenged.
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

yes! that is definitely me, I had great ideas for houses but the building tools were too complicated and because of that I sucked with floor plans. I think what im more excited about in the building tools is that the windows can go half grid and quarter grid as well as the objects can, because i hated having a 5x5 and wanting to place a double pane window and id have to settle for a single window haha. Also i sucked terribly at floor plans so hopefully piecing the rooms together like a puzzle will help with that haha
Echoweaver
Origin ID: Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

I want MOAR COMMUNITY! I came to the game with Sims 3, and I really love it. I'm excited about Sims 4, but I won't be able to get it until probably the first half of 2015. I love talking about ALL kinds of Sims, especially when we can talk about the good stuff rather than complaining about the bad stuff (not that I never complain -- ha).

I spent a lot of time on Sims 3 modding forums, but though I'm a programmer by trade, I never got into modding Sims. Maybe it's BECAUSE I'm a programmer by trade; modding it was just more work. ;) I didn't find a good forum home and have used Boolprop almost exclusively to post my legacy challenges and find other people's to read.

With Sims 4 coming out, I've been trying to expand and see what Boolprop has to offer socially :).
______________________________________________________________________________________
Waypoint: Nothing Is Free
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

Would it be useful to have a General Sims Chat, rather than breaking it up by game? Or do we already have that? :idea:
______________________________________________________________________________________
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

I was thinking the same thing, because thats where i was gonna post this hahaha
Sporks
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Sporks »

I think a general sims chat was mentioned in suggestions and I think the team was waiting till TS4 to come out before discussing if we needed it, actually. :P

But in reference to you post a whole, the community was one of the reasons we felt that we needed to make the move. Granted, the Team lives all got crazy busy at the same time or whatever, however, the community didn't feel the same or right. We knew we needed to move to get the fresh start, and we hoped that moving would mean the community that cared would follow. And it's only been just over one month and I'm seriously impressed at the community that we do have now. Everybody talks and we're one of the forums that still supports a great number of TS2 players, which many forums have forgotten about. We hoped the Sims 4 would revive the community, whether if you hate it or love it, though we're home here to people who aren't planning to burn the game without trying it, so that works. :P Thankfully we are all inclusive to whatever game you play, and will always make sure that in forumwide events and such, any Sims player can take part. :D
~ Sporks - Chelsea - Not Chels - Shamelessly Frozen Obsessed ~
Twitter & Tumblr
Just your friendly neighborhood admin.
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

I feel like there was a big gap between TS2 and the TS3 community wise as well because I definitely dont remember all of this hype over ts3 when it came out and i feel like a lot of that was because they were releasing the same game with basically no new gameplay than ts2 and i think thats where everybody got kind of lost but now I feel like the sims 4 has really brought us all together because i can tell in just a few short days that a lot of the forums are more active than they were the sims 3
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Haha yes, this is already way better than all of the TS3 stuff.

Echoweaver - There is definitely more to Boolprop than just posting legacies. I hope you end up finding what you're looking for socially and like it a bit more now. :)

As for the general chat thread, we are DEFINITELY looking into it. We're releasing a tool very soon for all you members to give us some anonymous feedback, and one of the specific questions will be about a general chat area. :)
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

I don't quite see how Sims 4 would draw us together. It so friggin' controversial, for one thing. I hope that will die down, whether or not I end up thinking S4 is the awesomest thing evar.

One thing I think would be fun to do would be to share cool things you can do in each game. I used to hang out on an EA thread that shared cool discoveries of things you could do in Sims 3. If we had a great big thread of discoveries in all the games, it might help us all see what's awesome about our favorite Sims game.
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

Yes, better to have a "standalone" site for these forums. Even I got a little disheartened by the move in the first place... I'm pleased to still see the sim chrink section, but we need more activity there too That was a bit disturbing for me at least, not seeing that section on the intermediate site get used much, As one of the few males who has been here for...... 8 years over the span of my knowkledge of this forum, I've seen this community kinda shrink in some ways as a newer generation of simmers rises, yet even that budding group needs help and advice from us older gamers on things that may not deal necessarily with games, or the sims series at all. I'm here, I'm willing to help if need be.

Hmm, now that I've said my piece...

Echoweaver wrote:I don't quite see how Sims 4 would draw us together. It so friggin' controversial, for one thing. I hope that will die down, whether or not I end up thinking S4 is the awesomest thing evar.
"etc..."
Could please elaborate on this Echo, How is Sims 4 controversial? By that I mean besides what they seem to have not put in the game...
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

Blaqhawk wrote: Could please elaborate on this Echo, How is Sims 4 controversial? By that I mean besides what they seem to have not put in the game...
Heheh. That IS the controversy. Or at least the fact that angry fans are roaming around blogs and forums, insulting anyone who says positive things about the game. It puts a damper on things. Just a bit.

I get being angry, BTW. It's the reaction to the anger that gets pretty frustrating. I don't care if anyone plays Sims 4. I just want more places to have positive chats about how/what everyone plays.
Sporks
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Sporks »

Boolprop, so far, is the only community that hasn't gone up in arms over people *gasp* wanting to play TS4. That's why we're a good community-- we don't get pissed at others playing their own game and the Team works for making sure that everything is all inclusive to any form of sims player.
~ Sporks - Chelsea - Not Chels - Shamelessly Frozen Obsessed ~
Twitter & Tumblr
Just your friendly neighborhood admin.
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

Well, I can understand both sides of the fence.. Sims 3 is really popular and it will take more expacks for S4 to put a dent in that, not to mention patches to fix or adjust things...

It seems theres a bug in lot alignment in play/build vs world map view with most of the lots. At least, to my knowledge, when you port a 50x50 to Oasis spr and put it there, replacing the Landgraab mansion, it looks right in play view, but looks completely the other way in map world view. Slightly irritated by that... Unless its just a simple matter of load and reload... but I don't think so.

I think some forget that sims 2 started w/o vehicles in the first place, so patience is the key word here. Some don't even like sims 3, thats up to them, but can those who stick with S2 compete with S3 and S4 graphics? Older games are older games, no matter how much one tries to hide that fact, but I digress as usual... :D

Not intended to strike others as offensive... Even though some will likely be.. =\
Marq

Post by Marq »

Hey everyone!

I too fell off the community wagon during the time of TS3, but I also stopped doing a lot of online community things. Maybe a part of that change is due to the life style changes we all are going though. If you think about it...TS2 came out a decade ago. (It doesn't feel that long!) During that time I'm sure a lot of us that were on the forums gained more responsibilities in life (family, college, job, etc) and something had to give. For me, it was posting about the sims. T_T

Now, even though I'm back in college, I am excited to get back into the community! I've missed reading about the adventures that happen in other people's games. I can't wait to see what challenges people come up with, as well!

I wasn't planning on getting TS4 until November, in case it was on sale for Black Friday, but after watching several videos, I have changed my mind! I was sold after seeing a video of build mode. Yes, there are things that I will miss, like being able to have creative control over foundations instead of it being universally applied to the lot, but there are soo many little things that out weigh the things I'll miss that I'm excited to give it a try. Plus, the cowplant is back and not as added content. Winning!

^____^ I'll be getting my copy tonight. :mrgreen:
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Hey all I dont know if you remember me from the early Sims3 days but I used to post here. I stopped because the damn thing wouldnt run on any of my PCs I had stupid Sims3 launcher also wouldnt work so I couldnt get downloadable content so I quit out of fustration. Now I got Sims4 its technically soooo much better I'm going to get back into it. Been playing all last night haha! I think it's pretty good for the base game. It's so smooth and the moods plus social interactions with them are very dynamic. :D
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Hey both! If you haven't already, make sure to post in the introductions section (and in the member check in to get a medal if you were on the last forum) if you haven't already! :mrgreen: Welcome back to Boolprop!

I think one thing that sets Boolprop apart is while people certainly do have positive and negative opinions on the game, discussion here stays on the game itself rather than someone's game, or the way they choose to play the game. And, of course, even if one has a negative opinion on one of the games, that's never against the people that choose to play it :)

I personally will have to wait until Christmas for the game >_> I'm still having lots of fun with my challenges on 2 or 3 though, so I'll be able to live through other members' games! :P
hello! :heartbeat:
Marq

Post by Marq »

Chase, I'm second guessing getting my copy right now. I keep thinking that I can hold off until Black Friday in hopes that it'll be on sale...then I remember it took 15 minutes for TS3 run from icon click to lot load on my desktop (which is a BEAST = i7, 8GB ram, 4GB dedicated video card). T_T I don't think I can do it. I enjoy the game but the load times are what made me put it down.

Maybe a return to TS2 is in order? :rotfl:
I'll head over to the intro section now!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”