TS4 Pros and Cons

Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: TS4 Pros and Cons

Post by Rhea »

Sounds like your game is going great! :) My sim just had a first baby.

Honestly I don't see the loading screens as a con, it still feels like an open world to me - without all of the lag. For those of you who loved TS2 and hated TS3, I think you'd enjoy TS4.
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

No, I don't think they're a con either. Man, I was going to say something else too, but I don't remember now.
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

Pros,

Definately the build/buy part.. That is very well redone, even if it does seem simplistic, but certainly option to use the wall tool or the various room things.

The selected sim area, just alot better save for the wish/want system.

Little things that add up to a lot of positives in general. They do not go to look at new object placed [or haven't seen that yet]. The way they will rearrange to have a better conversation...

Cons: Nothing like cars yet...

"worlds" should really have had a third option visible. Not sure how I feel yet about the potential for made households to interact with eachother, you plop a new household down near an existing previously made household... There's only so much room to expand... Not enough imo.

I dont see the loading screens as issue either. Just seems far better performance wise currently, but again, wait and see what future expacks do...
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

I am finding money and jobs to be harder in TS4 - which I am actually very happy about! :)
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Money is much harder and I am doubting the spouse will even get to the top of his career as he is now an elder and still only level 4
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

One thing I do hope that they bring back from TS2 is turn ons and turn offs. I mean the sims are already getting pretty independent and I think it would just add a level depth if the sims chose who they were attracted too and then reacted differently towards the sim than a sim that theyre not attracted to. Like they would get the special options when they talked to them.
not really a pro or con just something i would like to see haha
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

well they don't have the turn on and off like Sims 2 but I can tell you that they will let you know if they are attracted, and if they are not, it will be an uphill battle to get them together.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

OMG. TS4 relationships...ugh. They were not kidding when they said smarter sims. These things are feisty.
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

I've been on the sims forum and in the general 4 area and just reading different threads. I'm liking that there are more short hairstyles for the men this time around. Oh could somebody tell me where the tattoos are located?
Ilyria

Post by Ilyria »

Tattoos are located under 'body' where you select from the default body types and skin colours, I remember spending like 10 minutes searching for them in the demo...
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

Thank you! Yippie
modelmgt
Location: Trailer Towers, or astride JoJo the Magic Circus Elephant.
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by modelmgt »

Haven't had a chance to play meself, but just watching gamescon demos and whatnot, the first thing I wished for in CAS was that the color-wheels were back and that you could put highlights/tips on any hair you wanted. I mean I didn't like the look of the highlights in TS3, but if everything else can get a major overhaul, why not that?

As for a pro, I find it interesting that the baby & mom now have the breastfeeding option. And of course that the babies have limbs again! On the downside, it looks like they stay in their cribs when not feeding/interacting, a la TS1..
The Freshnfruity Uglacy II: Rebirth Chapters 1-11: Updated 9-5-2016

Freshnfruity's Livejournal
These Things Just Seem to Happen 1-9:Updated 9-1-22
Fugly Scrapbook & Polls
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

They also pop up into children upon leaving the baby stage, also a la TS1, but that's been hashed and rehashed so often that it only deserves the barest of mentions here.
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

Pros and Cons on building this time.

Pros: If you build a house yourself, there are variety of wall height options I guess. If on a foundation, the first story of the house wall will be close to near double height by default. This gives you various options in the building process. Specifically around the wall light placement... ABSO-FANTABULOUS! you can place different wall lights depending their shape, if they are more horizontal, then they will work for above doors, arches and windows, yes you did read that right. If the wall lights are more vertical, you can place them between windows that are right next to eachother. Again, please that this is shape dependent on the light.

For example, in a kitchen I used this to place "tracklights" [called the wall vanity lights, something with vanity anyway] under the upper cupboards and above the countertops. on two side of the kitchen where there were windows, I placed these wall lights below the window but right above the countertop. I thought it made a really cool looking kitchen.

You can place the vertical-ish wall lights between arches and over doorways etc...

Cons: no color wheel, custom colors please... Wanted: chimney guts, this might sound strange, but yes, guts of the chimney would be good as an option anyway. Currently, chimneys are classed as roof decor and not connected with the fireplaces that you put in. As a builder, when I put fireplacces in, one always had the chimney to deal with, always. At least they should give some visible way to connected fireplace to chimney...
LaurenElizabethJayne
Origin ID: Lauren_Dillon_x

Post by LaurenElizabethJayne »

Ah have only had the game 3 days and I'm actually addicted!!

Pros:

1) The new download feature...I suck at building and if I want a house I just download it and bam there it is, no loading or reseting the game. Soooo easy! Also my sim didn't like any of the single men in the hood, off to the gallery I went and downloaded her a partner who just moved on in. Ah!

2) Build mode. As I said in my last point, I suck at building. However this game makes it sooo much easier, and the rooms feature is incredible!

3) Pregnancy, the whole thing just makes me happy, howmy sims bladder need will just drop suddenly during the night, or she'll suddenly need to wake up for a midnight snack ahh :hearts: Also the pregnancy test was a really cool feature! Lack of maternity, still going to work and not knowing when the baby is going to be born :misspeak:

Cons:

1) When sims get married there is no name change...so I have to manually use a cheat to change whichever sims name I want to change :(

2) If my sim is talking to another sim in the street/on a community lot, sometimes a whole flock of sims join the conversation...which is annoying when trying to build individual friendships.

3) No wedding/birthday cake in buy mode. I love we can bake our own, but I didn't realise we had to until all the guests had arrived and the bride was in her gown baking in the kitchen.

4) Still no cut scenes. BRING THEM BACK! I loved that little feature in TS2.
Lauren

Post by Lauren »

I haven't played the game but watching gameplay videos and reading reviews has pretty much convinced me not to buy it. At least not until the price drops. Seventy bucks is too much for a game that is missing so many features that should be standard at this point. It's stupid to have to buy an EP for pools, toddlers, ghosts, cars, etc. Don't get me wrong it doesn't seem to be a bad game it just doesn't seem to be significantly better than what I've already got.

What I liked:
CAS is great and I don't really miss create-a-style much honestly.
Multitasking
Emotions- didn't really care at all about these going in but they look fun.
No stupid launcher
Buy and Build is awesome, it might be possible for someone like me with n00b skills to build stuff.
The end of ugly maternity clothes
Smarter AI
The new ways to die. As an avid sim murderer this made me happy.

What I didn't like:
All the Missing features, particularly ghosts. We've always had ghosts why change a good thing? I can't be haunted by my victims now!
Plastic-like hair textures.
Sims 1 object babies, not only are they lame but they're also creepy looking.
neutered story progression. Might as well just go back to no story progression.
lack of career options
that all of the missing features will be resold to us as EPs
Teenagers are basically clones of adults. Which is just lazy.

Plus I'd have to get rid of TS2 or TS3 to make room for this thing. I'll pick it up in a few months/years when it's cheaper.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

So after playing for a good week now, ive come to my evaulation lol.

Pro's

- LOVING CAS, i just love how the sims are 100% customizable. So many little things we can tweak and change, i love it.
- I love the new layout and style of build and buy mode. Im not the most design savvy, so i got quite lazy when making houses but this game makes it so much easier!
- I like having an 'aspiration' back, reminds me of the sims 2. I love it.
- I love all the different moods they can have, and the impact it has on what they do etc.
- Pregnancy, i love how its so much more realistic!
- School and Careers are much more harder to advance in, with very specific requirements each level. I like this!

Overall, i love how the game is much harder. The sims 3 was way too easy, the needs barely went down and i never had anyone die from anything other than old age. This game is much more challenging, i like it!

Cons;
- STORY PROGRESSION. Its annoying me so much. >_>
- How the baby is tied to the bed. In some ways its easier, but i just kinda wanna interact with them more as a baby/toddler.
demondragonking

Post by demondragonking »

Okay, gonna give my opinions here now after several games.

Pros:

The World - despite some stumbles here and there(more on that later), the world feels A LOT more active. Even comparing it to TS3. I love it.

The Sims - The sims themselves seem to be far and away more to them compared to previous installments. The multitasking alone is a godsend.

Smaller Neighborhood - while I wouldn't complain if the 'hood increased in size a little bit, I like it as is. By the end of TS3 with all the EPs installed and twallan's Story mod going, my game was chugging along with periodic bouts of freeze up as it tried to deal with all the sims being active at once.

The Graphics - They just work for me to a degree I'm enjoying, I thought the TS3 graphics skewed a little too much toward the 'too realistic' side of things, but in TS4 I have the two Frozen Princesses along with Lara Croft, Jessica Rabbit, and others in game and it's almost frightening how great they look to their movie counterparts and STILL fit into TS4's world.

No Toddlers - yeah, this one may get me some flack but I LOATHED toddlers to a mighty degree. I didn't find them adorable or cute or their interactions with the adults amusing. To me they were noisy, tedious, and highly annoying. Good riddance.

Cons:

The vanishing Sims glitch - Spoken of elsewhere on this site. Imagine my surprise after spending some time trying to get a few other family lines to continue that when I go to check on my main family that the founder and his kid have all but vanished from the world without a trace! Grr.

No Story Progression - I DO miss having the sims continue their families and advance their careers all by themselves and I want this part of the game back in a big way.

The Caliente Sisters - seriously, the maxis made ones look nothing like their previous selves, I know it's supposed to be an Alternate Universe and all, but come on. I always replace them with gallery made ones.

Bella Goth - I just don't like this sim, tbh. I find her highly overrated.

No Supernaturals - Aww, I already miss 'em. give me vampires and aliens at least!

In short, give me my supernaturals, Story Progression, The ability to ignore any Toddler life stage that may show up, and fix the vanishing sims glitch and I'll be golden.
thewriterannounced

Post by thewriterannounced »

I cannot get into this game. It's lacking so much of what made the previous games fun. I really hate that EA spacing out the patches so much and I HATE installing patches. I'm just glad they're not expecting us to pay for the patch DLC, 'cause that would have been grounds to uninstall for me. The gameplay is like The Sims 2 without the charm that the Sims 2 had. I can't get The Sims 2 to install and play correctly on Windows 8.1, which is really sad because EA is supposed to patching those things as well.

If they are not capable of handling this many projects at once, why are they doing it at all? :banghead:
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

It's a lot harder to build friends & relationships in TS4. One of the career challenges I got was "Have 10 friends" and it took FOREVER. Lots of repetition.

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”