Twins and Triplets?

cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Twins and Triplets?

Post by cynicalbadger »

Currently playing a 100 Baby Challenge and as you can imagine one of the first things I do is get the fertility reward because in previous games you just had to LOOK at that reward and your sim was having babies left right and centre. My matriarch has had it for three pregnancies and I've had no luck - NOT EVEN TWINS!

Does anyone else find the multi birth a lot less frequent or am I just super unlucky?

I also read in other places when I was trying to research in to it about how it's less likely to have twins and triplets in hospital? I don't know whether to believe that or not though.

Share your multi birth stories so I know they exist :)
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Re: Twins and Triplets?

Post by simfulicious »

My 100 baby just had twins as her first two babies...and she doesn't even have fertility treatment yet. She had them in the hospital. I don't know if it helps in TS4, but she did watch some kids's TV.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I might try that (it really can't get any worse from here) I also read that if you Try for a Baby lots of times before a pregnancy test that was supposed to increase the chances but in my head it just doesn't make sense?
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

I've never heard of doing that, but then again, I'm not usually looking to have a million rugrats!
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I think the fertility treatment is not very good. I often get it for my sims, and I've had one pair of natural twins with it, and a pair of natural triplets without it (of course not in the main line - go figure). Producing a boy or a girl if you want one or the other is quite straightforward, so I wish it were a bit easier to have multiples! A lot of the theories for producing multiples remind me of the early days of TS2 before cheesecake and the wild superstitions that people produced on the Exchange that "guaranteed" twins. So I don't put a lot of faith in much of the theories. One thing I haven't tried but have been meaning to is combining fertility treatments for both parents with fertility massages for both parents before trying for baby. Surely that would have to up the odds, right? Anyway, it's not just you that struggles with this. ;)
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Yeah it must (you'd think) except in my current challenge I have no control over the father - woe is me! I've tried a bunch of the theories and had no luck: listening to kids music (this feels like it was done already in TS3?), trying for a baby LOADS before a pregnancy test. I feel like it's all just luck
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

I've never ever had triplets in TS4, and I've played a LOT!

I was starting to wonder if I just imagined the whole triplet thing being a part of TS4. Have any of you guys ever had triplets?
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I've never had triplets, as well. To be fair, I've been playing on and off, mostly when a new pack or EP comes out. So I didn't actually fully realize they were a thing in TS4 until recently.

Speaking of which,with CIty Living, you can get a lot trait called Lay Lines. It is supposed to help and seems like the perfect thing for a 100 baby challenge. I used it and it isn't a sure thing, but it is a percentage boost. So if you have that pack, I would suggest trying that.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I had a spare's wife who I didn't mean to get pregnant have triplets. :duh: Then, with my new Allen Invasion legacy, I gave their house the Ley Lines trait, and the first birth of the second generation was twins, so I thought, "Hey, cool, one more pregnancy and they're done!" So next they had triplets. :jawdrop:

Five kids in generation 2. It's awful and amazing at the same time. So I thought for sure Ley Lines was a guaranteed thing like cheesecake in Sims 2, but I'm hearing more and more that it's not, so I guess that's just spectacular/horrible luck for the Allens. That's two out of twenty-five or so births I've seen in my game, so triplets are pretty rare.

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”