Lifespans

SummerSnows

Lifespans

Post by SummerSnows »

I'm curious about this. I've searched about online to see how many days each lifestage should take up on normal, and this is what I've found:

Baby: 3
Child: 12
Teen: 13
YA: 20
Adult: 20

Give or take a day or two due to error, this adds up to 69. But when my first elder sim became an elder, her simology panel said she was 110, which is obviously considerably larger than 69. Although the wiki page says that elder sims should be 100 days old when they elderify, which is also way over 69.

I don't have any age-effecting mods and I am on normal, so I can only assume that this is a glitch. Anyone else have a similar issue?
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Lifespans

Post by Rhea »

I think the elder lifespan can change? So it can be quite long or really short. I've had quite a few variances with the elder stage.
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

Oh, no I mean literally just as she's became an elder, it says she's 110, not that she's died at 110.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Oh, seriously?! That is weird then!
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

I noticed this before too. I saw my sim was 100-odd days old and knew this didnt add up. Hmmm.... maybe a glitch? Or maybe just a fake age EA put in not thinking...
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

Very possibly. I'll keep an eye on other newly eldered elders to see if the problem is across the board or if it's just some sims and not others. If it is common, I'll post a bug report on the help forums.
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

I had an odd issue where my heir and her spouse were the same age (that is, same day count as young adults, adult and elder birthdays on the same day), but when they became elders, one was around 70 and the other was almost 90. Couldn't figure that one out. I know my founder's spouse only lived to 113, so she certainly wasn't 110 when she aged.
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

lumasong wrote:I had an odd issue where my heir and her spouse were the same age (that is, same day count as young adults, adult and elder birthdays on the same day), but when they became elders, one was around 70 and the other was almost 90. Couldn't figure that one out. I know my founder's spouse only lived to 113, so she certainly wasn't 110 when she aged.
I reported this as a bug on the forums, so hopefully someone fixes it soon :)
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

I checked today and my elder aged up as the age 61 or something.

Maybe its to do with their aspiration points - dont they live longer if they succeed more of their aspiration challenges?
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

I don't think so. Aspiration points will probably have an impact on how long the elder stage lasts (like whether it lasts 10 days or 30 days etc), but I don't see how it could have an impact on how old they are when they enter their twilight years?

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”