Elder's Faces

SummerSnows

Elder's Faces

Post by SummerSnows »

So, I had my first sim become an elder today and I noticed something really odd (and, if intentional, stupid) with the face.

In CAS, the face was very wrinkly and weathered, especially around the eyes. I was pleased because they actually looked old for once, but when I went into the game, I noticed that there was not a single wrinkle in sight. There was nothing different but the hair and posture. Does anyone know if this is a glitch or not? I can't imagine why they would bother creating that level of detail just for CAS. :roll:
Lorsty

Re: Elder's Faces

Post by Lorsty »

Question: have you enabled "Uncompressed Sim Textures" under Graphic Settings?

If I recall correctly, enabling that will make your Live Mode Sims look more like they do in CAS.
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

Just enabled it and it made no difference (I exited and re-entered the game to make sure). All of my graphical settings are on high so that shouldn't be an issue.

I also recall a time (ages ago) where I found an elder out and about to check out their face to see how old they looked (out of curiousity), and I definitely remember seeing some wrinkles, so this issue only seems to be affecting the one sim. Either that or it's a recent glitch.
Lorsty

Post by Lorsty »

Yeah, sorry about that.

I checked in-game after posting that and some of my Sims didn't have wrinkles in Live Mode either. So I'll say it's a bug.

Hopefully they'll fix it soon...ish (I already submitted a bug report).
SummerSnows

Post by SummerSnows »

Oh, thanks :) I'd like to submit one too - can you link me to the webpage you used to do it?

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”