Sim Cat-astrophe!! D:<

rubysapphire

Post Counts

Sim Cat-astrophe!! D:<

Post by rubysapphire »

Last night I played my legacy family on the sims 4 for 4 straight hours on regular speed and my cat decided to play in the wires and unplug my computer! SO MUCH WAS LOST! I still have the pics but I dunno how to continue.... maybe speed it up slightly this time? How often does the game auto save? :*( I'll probably just keep him out of my office next time... Or maybe I should play differently this time... What do you guys do when this happens? Oh yeah! And i'll save every hour or so! :hissyfit: :banghead: :faint: The funny part was my bf tried saying, "relax it's just a game!" But i've seen him when his final fantasy crashes :P
The Chronicles of Lilith Anthel (FFXIV)

https://sarastesims.tk/

If you like sim stories that combine challenges with celebrities and Final Fantasy references sprinkled throughout, than this is the story for you-even if you don't. Special thanks to all the simmers who uploaded your creations on Origin! A few sims and buildings are my creations.
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Re: Sim Cat-astrophe!! D:<

Post by DreamWeaver »

Oh no. Silly cat for playing with the computer wires and unplugging the computer. :fish: For your kitty.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

D: This is the ultimate gaming tragedy. I used to know it well... I don't know about saving (I don't have TS4), but good luck getting your progress back!!
hello! :heartbeat:
rubysapphire

Post Counts

Post by rubysapphire »

Yeah, can't get mad at a cat for being a cat. Just watching them extra close now xD
The Chronicles of Lilith Anthel (FFXIV)

https://sarastesims.tk/

If you like sim stories that combine challenges with celebrities and Final Fantasy references sprinkled throughout, than this is the story for you-even if you don't. Special thanks to all the simmers who uploaded your creations on Origin! A few sims and buildings are my creations.
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

I'm pretty sure there's an auto-save. There's two save files whenever I load up my game, and one says auto by it. I completely get the not saving and losing stuff thing. Happened all the time with my old laptop. It had a bad battery. Shut off as soon as the cord was jiggled loose. It sucks. A lot of sims were never played again because of that...
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

This happened to me the other day, played my legacy for a good 2 hours, sims where born, aged up and lots of pictures taken. The second time the baby was born it was a different gender and everything so not like i could even speed it up and use the same pictures. D; was a nightmare! Sooo frustrating when this happens, i feel your pain. <33

In regards to the autosave thing - when i did come back to my legacy after crashing, it was further ahead then i thought it was going to be. I didnt remember saving at that point in time? Is there actually an autosave?
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Yeah, TS4 has an autosave feature. I'm not sure how often it saves the game, but they've added that in. Luckily I haven't had to use the autosave yet, but it's nice to know that my game will save itself every once in a while.
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

This is the only reason I'm glad I play on a laptop. We had a recent power cut and all it did to my laptop was take it off charge, I just saved the game and turned it off :) I don't miss my desktop, I can imagine my dog doing it if I still had a desktop!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”