Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Are you looking forward to TS4?

Post by Teresa »

The blur remover will be the first thing I install.

And for the babies, I never do much with them anyways, so tying them to a bassinet works ok for me. Like several comments, I hate seeing them on the floor. And even with toddlers not included in the base game, I believe they will be included in one of the first expansions.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

Ya know, you're right, I just plop TS3 babies in the swing... Funny, the censor mosaic doesn't bother me... but I play without mods and CC, so I'm weird like that.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

The blur is the only thing I must have, everything else just depends. Currently I only play with NRaas - overwatch, master controller (base, cheats, progression), and story progression (base, extra, population). No CC though. And I am going to play in CAS again. :yes: Cause I don't have a cat at the vet I need to go get yet and I don't have a challenge that needs to be played, or anything important to do.
Echoweaver
Origin ID: Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

I want that CAS demo so badly. And I can't even whine because I didn't sign up for a chance to get it. I just didn't think I'd care that much.

I'm a mod junkie, and I own it. I just love trying out different ways to play. The stuff I consider primary are Overwatch (for stability), Woohooer (for kids in same-sex relationships), StoryProgression, and censor removal. But I add and remove a lot of other stuff, and I'm always checking around for something fun. About once a quarter, I also realize that I've introduced a bunch of lag and crashes into my game and have to do detective work to figure out which mod did it, and I own that :).

I also enjoy some CC, though here at the end of the Sims 3 lifespan, the EA stuff is really sufficient for most things. I like tracking down age conversions for adult EA hairs, since there never seem to be enough stuff for kids and toddlers.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Waypoint: Nothing Is Free
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by ZaleISBI »

I agree with the kid/toddler hair... so few!
Miffers

Post by Miffers »

I was excited, until I read this: http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952/89- ... the-sims-4

Now, I'm really not sure if I want it anymore at all. This isn't a step forward. It's a step backward.
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

I don't like lists like this. They compare the finished versions of TS2 and TS3 to the base game of TS4.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Agreed. I have been avoiding reading them for that reason.

by Tapatalk
Miffers

Post by Miffers »

EPs are definitely something to be taking into account, but as the game is, no, I'm not looking forward to it.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I've been avoiding them for the same reason, but to be fair, that list actually was specifically comparing base game features between the games (" It DOES NOT include missing expansion pack content that should be base by now (i.e. Weather)"; the list reflects this. It's all base game feature.)
Several of the features listed I think were dumb (mainly from TS3 :shifty:) so I'm glad are gone, but others are just sad. It doesn't really change my opinion on the game though :P
hello! :heartbeat:
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

Yeah, on a second look, the base list isn't too absurd if you ignore the introductory paragraphs, the headers ("Major Missing," "Crippled," etc.) and the "Other Missing Elements" list.

Several items listed as missing/crippled are just different design decisions.

That isn't to say there AREN'T disappointing things that won't be shipping in TS4 base game. There's also a bunch of really awesome new stuff.

I'm hoping that some wonderful modders tackle the stuff I'm most distraught about, like Story Progression. ;-)
hippielayla86

Post by hippielayla86 »

I agree with Chase - a lot of the missing features were TS3 features, and I've always preferred TS2 over 3 personally, so it doesn't bother me as much. One of my favorite things to play in Sims 2 are prosperity challenges, and it sounds like we'll mostly be able to do those again, at least rotate through each 5 lot neighborhood with our playing.

I also want to note - that parts of Nightlife and Late Night are incorporated into the base game, which is something we've never had before. Because the Mixologist and Comedians will be able to do part of their careers on a community lot, so there will be some sort of bars.

Also, I wasn't too excited about the base game when 3 came out either. The only base games that held my attention were 1 & 2 to be perfectly honest. :lol:

And supposedly, they're hiding some more big information about the game still - but we'll see ;)
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

I told myself that I wasnt going to buy the sims 4 but since the demo came out I want to play it more than ever. I hope that there will be more clothes and hair and such and i hope that with future expansion packs it comes with more recolors and clothes instead of just clothes you feel me?
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

I may or may not get it.. I like the new bills coding.. kinda reminds me of sims 2 billing calculating the value of the stuff one had in the lot. Wonder if they'll have alternative power items as well with the new power cuttoff type of stuff for the bills..

I didnt care for toddler stage much anyway, I'd rinse repeat thru that stage asap... Still on the fence in a way....
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Thinking about it, the power/bills stuff will make for interesting apocalypsey stories :hmm:
hello! :heartbeat:
Ally
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Ally »

I wasn't planning on getting Sims 4, but since playing the CAS demo, I was tempted. My brother wanted to get it too, so we're going halves on it :D

I think the bills and power cuts if the bills aren't paid actually sounds quite cool! There are some aspects of the game (such as no toddlers) that I'm not so sure about, but I'm treating TS4 like a completely new game, and not a better/worse version of TS2 or TS3.
Check out my Rainbowcy Here
• Updated 12th August 2014 •
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

There are aspects of the creator that I don't quite care for, but at least they did include some different skin colors.... More variety in that needed, same with eyes. Hopefully full game is better in that respect.
hangyaboly

Post by hangyaboly »

YES, I'm looking forward to it! Finally the sims look nice in CAS even without any CC and all of them are unique!
I mean sims in TS3 look horrendous... all of them, equally... Am I the only one who sees this? :D
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

OK, I have to ask -- does anyone know of a Sims forum that has a policy against trashing the games? I'd love to have an intelligent conversation about the Sims that doesn't degenerate to competitive trashing of the various versions.

This is the meanest fandom I've ever been a part of.
singinghymns
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by singinghymns »

I am looking forward to TS4. With every game that has come out, there has been things I enjoyed and things I didn't enjoy. But I just ignored those things I didn't like and played the way I did like. I am looking at TS4 as a completely different game than the other 3 so that whatever it contains will be exciting and new. :thup:

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”