Post by singinghymns »

oh goodness gracious, with every breath I take! :D
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Re: Are you looking forward to TS4?

Post by Rhea »

Glad to hear someones excited still! Even without the toddlers and pools, I am still looking forward to it. :)
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Deanna doesn't play toddlers - after all these years I think she has had maybe three survive :shifty:
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

How does that happen? You use the phone and call the babysitter :P
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I think she did more building than playing but she said the last time she went to build, she kept thinking about the building options in TS4 and just couldn't finish the project. I think it was the Summer house event we have going.

I really only remember her talking about a baby/toddler once.
SprinkleOfSugar

Post Counts

Post by SprinkleOfSugar »

I'm not looking forward to TS4 to be honest. I prefer the whole realistic look so now that they've gone back to the look of cartoon-ish it's sort of put me off. As well as the fact that they haven't included toddler's cause.... THEY'RE TODDLERS!
Also, with the certain objects and clothing making a big impact on the sims' emotional state i think it can easily get in the way if you want a specific shot and mood and i can see it getting irritating very quickly when in-game.
Other than that, it seems pretty good :P
Thanks for the Siggy Thai!
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Hmm I saw a guru tweet somewhere that said objects + Clothes will not affect mood. I think. I may have to take a look.
christie
Location: a girl from ohio trying to make it in new york city

Post by christie »

I don't know if I'm going to buy TS4 yet... there are some aspects which I like - there are some aspects in which I don't like.

I also really like the realistic look of TS3... and I also really like create-a-style (which I don't think is going to be in ts4 but correct me if i'm wrong) and also having a color wheel to choose things like hair, eyes, skin from instead of just basic colors.

I'm going to wait to see the reviews for ts4 before I decide to purchase it.
these days my life just careens through a pinball machine
Rad

Post by Rad »

I'm not excited for the base game. The new CAS and build modes look good and I like the idea of multitasking but beyond that it doesn't seem to have anything TS3 doesn't and I have LOADS left to explore of TS3, plus I'm hoping to download that Sims 2 Ultimate Collection as I never got into Sims 2 really... and I didn't even use everything all the TS1 EPs offered and they're sitting at me begging for a reinstall.

I will probably get TS4 at some point but I want to see how others find it first and I may wait until there's an EP or two to see if they sound interesting enough to buy. I don't like the lack of pools, toddlers, open hoods, story progression or CASt.... (especially CASt, which I love)
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I have already pre-ordered TS4 and will definitely be playing it when it comes out. But I also love TS3 and have no plans to shelve it. When TS3 first came out, I basically put TS2 on a shelf a month in advance because I was ready for the change.
Unrelated

Post by Unrelated »

The hype for me is real. I'm counting down the days. But it's released on the same day school starts. *Shakes fist at clouds*
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I'm really excited too. I'll have about two weeks to play the heck out of it before my internship starts, so that's pretty much all I plan for the first part of September. I didn't have a computer that could run TS2 and TS3, and I chose TS2 because of my legacies, so I didn't play 3 all that much. I'm getting a new computer soon and can't wait to try out 4 on it!

The things it lacks (specifically toddlers and CASt) do disappoint me, but I'm still pretty psyched. Build mode and CAS look *amazing*. Right now I'm just dying to get my hands on that demo. Any day now, Origin. :wink:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I am taking that week off from work just because I want uninterrupted play time before I return to my regularly scheduled program, uhh schedule. School starts for the week before.
Sporks
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Sporks »

If I get it, it'll be about 5 years in the future until I can have a really kickass desktop computer.

However, I must say, it is refreshing to see positivity about the game! The community at large seems to be so against it, which they all have very valid points, but, having this community not swear it off before the release is really nice to see. Then again, it is Boolprop!
~ Sporks - Chelsea - Not Chels - Shamelessly Frozen Obsessed ~
Twitter & Tumblr
Just your friendly neighborhood admin.
Olive Specter

Post by Olive Specter »

I'm going to be negative and say that I'm not really looking forward to it.

I don't mind the lack of pools but I'm going to miss toddlers and the open world. I wish they'd kept the open world as an option that could be disabled for people with slower computers or if they just fixed the many bugs with it.

That doesn't mean I won't play the game. I might, I'm just less excited than I was about TS2 and TS3.
:woot:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I'm fairly excited for it, and the negativity surrounding it is quite disheartening - it doesn't seem like anyone wants to play TS4! That said, I'm pretty sure I remember TS3 being controversial in the community before it was released.
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

Im looking forward to it because i love the new building and CAS options but if i end up buying it it probably wont be until after the first expansion pack to see if they add CASt. I could live without the seamless world but no story progression? to me it feels like a downgrade with no pools, toddlers, story progression, seamless world, and CASt.
hippielayla86

Post by hippielayla86 »

I for one, am very excited for TS4 because it feels like they're really looking to both Sims 2 & 3 with this one. I won't mind the loading screens if the neighborhoods and community lots have more sims around and about, 3 was always so barren to me. Pools I can live without, toddlers will take longer for me to get over, it will seem so strange when playing legacies...

The thing I'm most excited about is build mode though. I can't tell you how many times I've been building and have thought, hm, this would be better 1-2 tiles back, to the right, etc, and then I've had to painstakingly rebuild the whole house tile by tile - so the idea of being able to move the whole house, rotate it or just move one room is extremely appealing to me as a builder.

I will say, I was one of the lucky ones who got the CAS demo, and I'm missing the color wheel quite a bit, especially for hair and eye color. I feel there will be more CC for Sims 4 than there was with 3 out of necessity. So I can see the game getting more bloated for me personally with hair and clothing recolors. But, I am really enjoying how the sims have more angular faces again, not so much pudding face going on like there was with 3.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

...I just watched the official gameplay walkthrough and now I'm all excited again, despite my earlier disappointment. I'm so conflicted about whether to get this game or not! Perhaps I'll ask for it for my birthday in October or something. It would mainly be for the building tools, though, not for the gameplay.

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”