Relationships

Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Relationships

Post by Rhea »

Does anyone else find relationships in TS4 hard to build? I have a sim in the mixology career track right now. One of the goals is "have 12 friends" and I am pretty much finding it impossible.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Relationships

Post by Teresa »

Me. I definitely don't enjoy making friends in the game.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Lorsty

Post by Lorsty »

I don't know if this is intended, but I think it varies from sim to sim. Like, if your Sim has compatibility with another Sim, they will become friends ASAP. If they don't, it'll be an uphill battle.

At least that's my theory because some of my Sims have an easier time making friends some Sims than with others.
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Ohh interesting. Maybe there are certain traits that make it easier?

My sims must all be complete grouchy pants.
Lorsty

Post by Lorsty »

I assume the Romantic and Popularity aspirations's traits make it easier to make friends and/or significant others. As for normal traits, I imagine Outgoing, Good, and maybe Bro help a lot.
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

Don't know how traits affect things, but I know emotions do. Being inspired, confident, or happy really helps - the extra Friendly conversations build the relationships pretty fast. And you can use every conversation piece twice without them getting bored. And if you're in a group, telling jokes raises relationship with everyone in the conversation.

There's definitely a difference between Sims, though, especially for romance. It took ages to get my heiress's hubby to accept any romantic actions from her at all, while her brother had no trouble with his wife. Of course, when the time came to propose, it was the brother who got turned down. :roll:
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Lorsty wrote:I don't know if this is intended, but I think it varies from sim to sim. Like, if your Sim has compatibility with another Sim, they will become friends ASAP. If they don't, it'll be an uphill battle.

At least that's my theory because some of my Sims have an easier time making friends some Sims than with others.
I've found this aswell. If its intended, its pretty cool and more realistic i guess! However sometimes i dislike this, i'm used to it being relativley easy. Im a lazy simmer sometimes. :faint:
MissNouveau

Post by MissNouveau »

I've noticed maintaining relationships seems to be tougher this time. My poor gen 3 Heiress has her sights on a guy, but I swear every time he comes over he's lost a chunk of relationship score with her. Granted, he also seems to be pretty dense :haha: .
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

New frustration: Sim makes friend. Friend lasts for one day. Friend disappears. Sim has no more friend.
Lorsty

Post by Lorsty »

Yes, it can get frustrating at times. My current Sim, the one doing the Apocalypse, didn't get a promotion because he didn't have the four friends required. Thing is, one hour before work he did have four friends... :duh:

I was like:
Spoiler:
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

:lol: I had that happen as well. It's frustrating! Although the opposite is really easy. I have a sim in the criminal track and she had a thing to have 8 sims (I think it was) despise her. No problem!
djdesib

Post by djdesib »

i do like how now the sims in your household still count as friends :thup:
Rhea
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Rhea »

Yeah, that is one nice thing about it all.
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

My Sim got her Mixology promotion by having a baby before work. Hooray!
Blaqhawk

Post by Blaqhawk »

I've done some testing on sibling relationships... like the pleasant twins in sims 2... its easier to maintain furious relationship between family, but also more difficult because of the death by anger and rel;ated sort of deaths.. Had that happen once where a loner sim died due to having so much stress with her "twin".

On the other hand, sims 3 seems so anti volatile that it doesn't seem possible to have a consistently negative interaction spread for any real length of time with the way Generations is woven into the coding.

On the subject of friendships in ts4... friends will come over every so often at random, half the time, sims is away or doing something else. but yes, it seems far more difficult with ts4 to keep friends.
atheistcanuck

Post by atheistcanuck »

The people who were having trouble with the game deleting Sims should download This mod. I consider it a bug fix rather then a cheating thing. I always try to avoid cheating type mods.
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Yeah, ive found as a whole my sims dont make friends that much. I miss the interaction of socializing work co workers and friends at school to build the relationship, or to meet new people!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”